What's new

How big is the wet shave revolution?

Has anyone got any knowledge of how the market for wet shaving has grown over the past few years? I’m curious that’s all.

Has anyone got any knowledge of how the market for wet shaving has grown over the past few years? I’m curious that’s all.

When I joined B&B, membership was just a hair over 7,000 ... now it is just a hair under 14,000. So it has almost doubled in a year.

Like so many "going old school" things it has grown over the past few years.

Whether that be natural foods, old time things, natural remedies, or wet shaving. It has not grown as much at the comparative "standard/modern" market. For every organic apple sold, there's a bag of regular ones. For even bottle of herbs sold, a dozen prescriptions are filled. And for every DE razor...there's untold cases of fusion powers sold.

Like it or not, we are a niche market.

I think wetshaving is considered a novelty. Growth has been slow but steady. It will never be what it once was.

As long as we continue to get the products we need, I won't be bothered that others continue to buy fusions and 30-blade razors. Just means we're special! :tongue:

I try to expand the reaches of this community, I see it like this. If there is more demand, the supply will have to be made to meet it. Therefore making more products/continuing the production of products that I like.

As long as we continue to get the products we need, I won't be bothered that others continue to buy fusions and 30-blade razors. Just means we're special! :tongue:

That's basically what I was going to say.

We who thumb our noses at Gillette are a small and insignificant group. But we can buy the supplies we like, and we can shave the way we choose to.

I don't think we'll change the world, but we can do things our way.

Outside of B&B and forums like it, I think the growth has been minimal.

Have to agree on your observation.

In a world of instant gratification I doubt that DE shaving will ever replace multi-blades, electric etc shavers.

I'll take slow and steady shaving any-day.

Screw the herd mentality.

David

I think if more guys knew they could save alot of money and get a much better shave they would go DE.........the problem is not enough know there is a better option.

I really don't anyone besides you guys that wet shave....... not even my older family members........

Same here.

Actually, I think a smaller revolution is better. Otherwise, the fleabay and antique store razor prices will skyrocket and great razors will be harder to get.

OTOH, a larger revolution may make products (soaps, creams, after shaves, etc.) easier to get.

Does anyone remember when cigars became "popular" in the late 1990's? Seems to me prices went up.

Just this shaver's opinion.

According to Muehle-Pinsel

"current market research reveals that 60% of men between the ages of 15 and 25 have discovered the pleasures of the wet shave."

Top Bottom