What's new

How Bad Are The Cowboys?

The Jason Garret era begins! Actually, in truth, I was real impressed with his chat with Pam Oliver after the game. I read on ESPN.com that when he interviewed for coaching vacancies with other teams a few years ago, he was considered akin to a presidential candidate in how charismatic and natural he was.

Last night's loss was terrible. The Cowboys had no business winning that game. None. Perry Fewell was out-schemed. Nicks' drop at 2nd-and-20 was inexcusable. Snee's missed block on Bradie James on 4th down was equally bad. The holding penalty on Boothe couldn't have been at a worse time. There were simply too many mistakes. They better clean it up against Philly.

I hate when I have to eat crow.

The boys played with much more energy then they have all season.

I don't want to say they won becuase the Giants let down, though many would be of that opinion. Interesting to see where it goes from here.

The game -vs- The Giants was interesting, beceause Garrett has been calling the same plays all season. The difference, which was pointed out by Deion and Michael Irvin, was that there were minimal mistakes this time around. This is due, in large part, to a more focused approach towards work ethic. After Wade was let go, these guys actually had to follow the dress code. They actually had to be on time for meetings. They actually practiced in full pads. You mean they haven't been doing these things all season? C'mon man!

Top Bottom