What's new

How are those My Pillows?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Say it isn't so! I love my rusty GMC truck. Of course, my wife loves her 2019 Honda CRV even more, but even with all the shine and lack of rust, I would still take the truck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I've got a bee in my bonnet about GM. But I do have an old GMC Sierra that was given to me. It may be the most well appointed vehicle I've ever had.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Say it isn't so! I love my rusty GMC truck. Of course, my wife loves her 2019 Honda CRV even more, but even with all the shine and lack of rust, I would still take the truck.
Speaking of rust. We have a 2011 Jetta our daughter drives. We had it in for normal service at Volkswagen. As we were getting the car back the service manager comes over and starts telling us that there was some corrosion they found and Volkswagen would like the car for 2-3 weeks as they replace all of the body panels under there corrosion warranty.

So yup, it's a 2011 Jetta with a completely new shell. Crazy.

FarmerTan

I don't put politics before products from American companies. Good product, I will buy, regardless. You can rest assured most business owners have political feelings. Many would be afraid to alienate potential customers. I rather applaud those with the backbone to say what they feel regardless of my agreement or disagreement with what they are saying.
How old are you? I'm 58, and I can remember when my dad, who was closer to 40 than 30 when I was born, used to say, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'd fight to the death for your right to say it." My sister and brother didn't learn that lesson, from the way they behave on social media. Sad day folks.

FarmerTan

I thought at the time, Alan Mulally from Ford was the only one with a brain when they went in front of Congress. He was like the common working man running a business.
Hey! Y'all should be ashamed lettin' me derail another thread!

I'd forgive GM if they would buy the Detroit Lions from the Ford family.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
How old are you? I'm 58, and I can remember when my dad, who was closer to 40 than 30 when I was born, used to say, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'd fight to the death for your right to say it." My sister and brother didn't learn that lesson, from the way they behave on social media. Sad day folks.
52. Yes, these days it's I don't like what you have to say so I'm going to do what I can to see that you are talking to yourself or shut you up completely. Sad indeed.

Sorry for taking this sideways as well.

FarmerTan

52. Yes, these days it's I don't like what you have to say so I'm going to do what I can to see that you are talking to yourself or shut you up completely. Sad indeed.

Sorry for taking this sideways as well.
Lol, speak for yourself! I'm hardly ever sorry for derailing a thread. Most of 'em are pretty boring until I show up. No, the advantage of having a time bomb in yer head makes living with no regrets very doable my friend!

Lol, speak for yourself! I'm hardly ever sorry for derailing a thread. Most of 'em are pretty boring until I show up. No, the advantage of having a time bomb in yer head makes living with no regrets very doable my friend!
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

At one time that quote was attributed to Voltaire. Subsequently, it turned out the Evelyn Beatrice Hall made up the quote when she was writing his biography. A noble statement lost in these sad times.

FarmerTan

Plus walking to pre-school. In the snow. Without shoes. Five miles each way. Uphill. Carrying 50 pounds of books. ;) 🤣
Lol, how did you think I got so smart in just 58 years?
True. At one time I thought he was older than me. He is just a kid.
I used to drink in bars and never get carded at 18. My friends well into their 20's did though. My dad died with no wrinkles at almost 80. But I started going grey at 17. His mom was totally white headed at 27, died at 85 with barely any wrinkles. Genes be strange things. I have a few Clint Eastwood wrinkles around the eyes, but only when I smile. Which happens most of the time. Life's too long to be miserable!

Top Bottom