What's new

How are those My Pillows?

I am a side sleeper and sleep with two pillows. The one for my head is a memory foam contour pillow, which allows my cpap mask to stay on my face easily and my neck gets support. The second is between my knees for better back posture. It's a standard pillow that I got at JC Penney for less than $40. If my cat is kind, I sleep through the night and don't get up until the alarm or the sun, whichever comes first.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am one of those individuals who looks at the product and decides whether I like it or not. My brother-in-law, who is quite liberal, bought some My Pillows for the guest bedroom. I found them comfortable and bought one when I got home. On the other hand, my wife does not like them. I agree with the poster above who said you either love them or hate them.

If I looked at a companies political contributions and support I would have to list many companies such as Progressive Insurance, Capital One, Target, Starbucks, Facebook, Amazon, and Google, to name a few.
I have two. My wife bought one, or got it as a gift? Either way, she didn't like it. I found it went flat in the middle of the night, I think it is for back sleepers, which she is. That woman can sleep on her back all night and never move. Seriously. I think she could die in her sleep and I might not notice until the next bedtime.

So I pushed the foam together to make it about 2/3 the length it started at and sewed it that short, and it has been fine.

Then I ended up with another one and use it between my knees, as I'm a side sleeper. It has greatly reduced my tossing and turning.

I also have a pillow that I sleep with my arms around that is made out of wool "balls," for lack of a better term that I purchased for a lot of money from a company called "Cuddle Ewe" that I love. And we sleep on a mattress pad made of wool my the same company that we've had for close to 30 years or more? That thing is like $600 now, I think. It supposedly is good for fibromyalgia folks, no idea if that's true, but twice in the 30 years we've had it I have experimented by removing it for a two week period. By the end of those two weeks I felt as I'd been steam rolled. Serious pain. I'm done experimenting!!!

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have two. My wife bought one, or got it as a gift? Either way, she didn't like it. I found it went flat in the middle of the night, I think it is for back sleepers, which she is. That woman can sleep on her back all night and never move. Seriously. I think she could die in her sleep and I might not notice until the next bedtime.

So I pushed the foam together to make it about 2/3 the length it started at, and it has been fine.

Then I ended up with another one and use it between my knees, as I'm a side sleeper. It has greatly reduced my tossing and turning.

I also have a pillow that I sleep with my arms around that is made out of wool "balls," for lack of a better term that I purchased for a lot of money from a company called "Cuddle Ewe" that I love. And we sleep on a mattress pad made of wool my the same company that we've had for close to 30 years or more? That thing is like $600 now, I think. It supposedly is good for fibromyalgia folks, no idea if that's true, but twice in the 30 years we've had it I have experimented by removing it for a two week period. By the end of those two weeks I felt as I'd been steam rolled. Serious pain. I'm done experimenting!!!
My pillow?
Nope
Wool balls.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My pillow?
Nope
Wool balls.
Ya know, politics is bad enuff when I start rambling on, but as I typed that I giggled. But then you showed up and I guffawed!

I don't believe I have ever typed the werd "guffawed" in my life, and now I've done it twice.

I hope you get a good loud guffaw out of the story of my lovely War Department beating me about the head and shoulders for waking her from her beauty rest! I have no other way to describe the wool balls, actually. They are about twice as long as they are wide and are about 1/2" long. You can unzip the pillow and remove or add the filling to suit the amount of support you need. I use it for under my head maybe once or twice a month. I thought it would be hot, but it's actually better than the My Pillow at keeping you cool headed.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1611188845830.gif

shavefan

I’m not a fan
My wife ordered a My Pillow a couple years ago. She thought it was OK, I tried it and wasn't too impressed. She returned it.

I've had down pillows from The Down Store in NY for years, and I wouldn't want to be without them. Their comforters are top notch too!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I like mine. I suspect a lot of you that didn't like them might have as there is a lot of variance in the firmness / fill levels of the various models.

I personally don't care about the politics of the owners. If I did, I would have to avoid pretty much all companies. I simply didn't find the pillows comfortable, as a side sleeper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I don't put politics before products from American companies. Good product, I will buy, regardless. You can rest assured most business owners have political feelings. Many would be afraid to alienate potential customers. I rather applaud those with the backbone to say what they feel regardless of my agreement or disagreement with what they are saying.

Top Bottom