What's new

How are the PAL blue blades

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I went to the tryablade.com site to get some GEM PTFE blades at $.50. (I call that a bargain) They didn't have any so I was wondering if anyone has tried the PAL blue steel blades. Also I'm looking for a blade I can leave in my in Contour.

I went to the tryablade.com site to get some GEM PTFE blades at $.50. (I call that a bargain) They didn't have any so I was wondering if anyone has tried the PAL blue steel blades. Also I'm looking for a blade I can leave in my in Contour.

I’ve tried them. They are not very nice compared to the PTFE stainless blades. They will shave but it’s not enjoyable IMO.

PAL blades are cranked out at the same plant that produces all the other Gem blades. They are carbon steel and will rust if not dried after each shave but otherwise they performed well for me when I tried some. One of the local grocery stores carried them some years ago in a 5-pack box, but I haven't seen them for years.

Is this the PAL blade you guys are commenting on ??.... I found it to be so dull it was unusable, in fact I thought maybe I had grabbed a pack of industrial SE blades...
IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG

I have some, but have not tried them yet. They’re next on my list. Right now I am trying the GEM Carbon blades. So far, very nice shave, but I must confess that I use an Ever-Ready SE Stropper with an Autostrop leather strop.
Carbon steel blades really benefit and improve with stropping. Even on a blades first outing I might strop the blade 30 times to fine tune the factory edge. Even GEM PTFE blades are severe until at least three uses. Why use your face for a strop to break in blades?

Top Bottom