What's new

How are RAD,SCAD,SSAD Justified?

I try to be the minimalist but the RAD, SSAD and SCADs keep grabbing hold of me. One only needs 1 shaving cream, 1 shaving soap, and 1 razor. But I see so many products out there. I just ordered 100 Derby blades. I was down to 2 boxes of Red Personnas.

I am using a glycerine soap for shaving. I am running low on shaving cream. I was thinking about getting some Essential Oils to mix with the glycerine. Then I thought I could use some more soaps. There are so many to choose from.

But then when I travel, I really need shaving cream. But there are so many to choose from. I will need to get some Proraso or Musgo.

My stash of razor are:
2 Schick Injectors
Feather Travel Razor
Silver and Black Non Adjustable Superspeeds
Gillette Travel Tech with Case

I was thinking about getting the 1904 Classic. But then I think I already have these other razors. None of them are adjustable. If I should decide to buy a razor it should be a Merkur Progress.

I have two cheap boar brushes. One is a wooden travel brush and the other is a regular sized plastic one. When I look for brushes I see really nice synthetic ones, and really nice badger brushes. I think they would really look nice.
Maybe I could use one for travel, and one for weekends. That would leave no brush for the weekdays. Hmm.

What is the sense of having a nice brush, if I have no place to hang it. I mean it will not last as long if I do not hang it up. So then I need a brush stand. I have seen some really nice brush stands.

I really like my razors. Then I saw some pictures of the Dovo Straights. They are really nice looking but they scare the hell out of me. Maybe I could get one, and just stare at it. Maybe in 10-15 years I could get up the courage to actually use the thing.

If I get a str8, then I will need to get a strop, some paste, some oil, and a stone. A shavette is much more practical. Derby has a real nice one.

I keep trying to resist but the SSADs, SCADs, RADs are so inviting.

Life was so much simpler with my Mach III. I hated shaving, and that was it.

Now I am hooked. What do I do?

I know ... buy more stuff.

I don't understand your lament here. Your hooked, as I am, but as my wife pointed out, it's all in the end pretty harmless. There are things I could do that are a lot worse and much more expensive. I just take up a little extra bathroom space, that's all. Ok, a lot of extra bathroom space. We are going to redo the bathrooms anyway.

The worst that can happen is that you get the occasional nick on a face that otherwise has great skin and smells nice.

You have taste and class and this is an expression of it. You want the good stuff. Really, you have very simple tastes and you satisfied simply the best. Besides, this is all really fun.

Now get out there and buy some of the good stuff and you will feel much better for it.

Yes...I'm wondering what the problem is here? "How is RAD, (etc) justified?"

How is breathing justified?

It just "is." Go out and spend your $$$...

Think about it...think about the cost of playing one round of golf. Gas to get there. Some clothes to wear. The cost of a set of clubs. Breakfast on the way out to the CC, then anything from 50-75-100-more for the round, plus the cost of the cart. A side bet or two...(or more, if you're Michael Jordan), a drink or two at the 19th hole. Lunch and/or dinner. A stop in the pro-shop, maybe a dozen balls, maybe some work on the clubs, or a new putter-- perhaps a pair of shoes or a new shirt or two, or those nice gloves, then on the way home, a stop off at Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, etc...something for next weekend, because one of the guys wants to get some lures--

You've probably dropped $300-500.00 easily this way, and you're still not home. You'll need to stop with the boys for a couple of beers, and someone will want some onion rings, and you'll see a burger or a steak sandwich along the way...

...you'll have been gone from the house from 6:30 AM until about 9:30 and you'll have spent nine HUNDRED dollars!

"Honey---aren't you glad I'm (a) not like the other golfers who have no regard for our hard earned money (b) not a golfer, who spends so much time and money away, but instead have this harmless hobby that once in a while costs me $22.00 plus shipping for 100 blades so that I can look good-- $22.00 for enough blades to last me "almost" a year? Why, if I bought the latest Fusion cartridges, at nearly 8.00 each, that would cost me 8 TIMES that much!!! With the money I have saved, by either being a responsible golfer or a non-golfer, PLUS the money I saved by spending for 100 blades less than I'd spend for 3 Fusion blades, you have no problem if I just get this one small package of soap, and this fabulous "used" razor from Ebay, do you?"

By the time you get this all "out"...she'll be asleep. Sleep equates to assent, in my book. "I told you about it, and you nodded!"

Go get em!:lol::lol:

Your zeal for shaving is excuse enough! :tongue_sm Soon everyone will understand my signature. You want that new razor, and that's that!
Ernest

Your zeal for shaving is excuse enough! :tongue_sm Soon everyone will understand my signature. You want that new razor, and that's that!
Ernest

Ernest...I was pondering your signature: "Zeal is it is own excuse." I don't get it. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, my friend...that is a GREAT signature! It would be a good campaign slogan, not far from Barry Goldwater's in 1964: "Extremism in defense of liberty IS no vice."

Come to think of it-- I like YOUR signature better!:blush:

Anytime SWMBO asks about my shaving indulgences and / or complains about how much space they take. I simply walk down the hall and throw open the door to her "Scrapbooking and Crafts" room. That usually stops any further inquiries or gripes. :biggrin:

Anytime SWMBO asks about my shaving indulgences and / or complains about how much space they take. I simply walk down the hall and throw open the door to her "Scrapbooking and Crafts" room. That usually stops any further inquiries or gripes. :biggrin:

Big +1 on this. My wife has 5x the value of my shaving supplies wrapped up in her scrapbooking. At least my stuff gets used daily. Hers, weeeeell, lets just say there is a layer of dust on it. :lol:

I would do that if I wasn't afraid of her throwing some of those sharp scrapbooking scissors flying at me.

Oscar Wilde is known to have said: "The only way to get rid of temptation is giving in to it." The man was right, of course.

Top Bottom