What's new

How are Martin de Candre Shaving Soaps Fragranced?

Does anyone know for sure whether Martin de Candre uses only pure essential oils to fragrance their shaving soaps? One cannot tell from the labels, as they list the fragrances merely as “parfum.”

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
They actually say that in the descriptions of many of their shaving soaps - but not every one - and they also say in their ‘hostory’ section that they’re products are pure vegetal soaps.

They actually say that in the descriptions of many of their shaving soaps - but not every one - and they also say in their ‘hostory’ section that they’re products are pure vegetal soaps.

I’m wondering mainly about the Original and Fougère versions of the shaving soap. I just checked the labels on those and both have “aroma” not “parfum” listed.

In any case, I would like to know for sure (purely out of curiosity) which ones are made only with pure essential oils.

Yes, I'd be interested in what they say too. The stuff blows my mind being a Veg and lathering so well. How much else can they do to blow my mind again.

I was about to ask a question on this and was referred to this thread by the "similar threads" feature, although my question is more general and not limited to MdC.

Here's the question:

Why do the ingredients not simply say something like "essential oils of lavender, rosemary, mint" (for say the Original)? Why does it instead have some combination of limonene, linalool, citronellal, geranial, citral, etc. which appear to be components of the essential oils? So...are they using essential oils themselves, or ingredients that were derived from essential oils?

I see there's a post above that says to contact them, but I'm not very hopeful they would respond to such a detailed question. It took me several weeks of reminders just to get them to answer if Nature contains benzoin.

Top Bottom