What's new

How aggressive is this - Experiment for Gentlemen

A Chinese Gillette Tech and a Lord L6 combination.

$together.jpg$pieces.jpg$plates.jpg

$one.jpg$gap.jpg

For me its fairly aggressive. Its an excellent razor for two or three days beard growth, and it also takes only 1 pass to achieve the required closeness of shave.:scared:
I would request experienced shavers to try this combination, and rate it on aggressiveness and also comment on the quality of shave.

Last edited:
Reportedly those aren't aggressive razors, but as we know, it's all very subjective! If it works for you that's what matters! :thumbup1:

I have an L6, and I was considering using the baseplate on my iKon Bulldog handle with one of my Gillette top caps (not sure which one - I'll have to see what fits the best). As a standalone razor I think the L6 is a great shaver. The handle is not for me though; too long, thin, and light. I don't want' to hijack your thread, but I'd like to post some pics/results of my Lord frankenrazor when I get a chance if thats ok...

Reportedly those aren't aggressive razors, but as we know, it's all very subjective! If it works for you that's what matters! :thumbup1:

Yes they are both very mild razors that's why sometimes i switch their top and base plates. Actually, achieving a bbs on 1 pass was just for fun. For many weeks, I have not tried this combination. I will try it out again after a two days shave gap to judge how good shave I get without nicks.
I think nobody else has tried it yet.

I have an L6, and I was considering using the baseplate on my iKon Bulldog handle with one of my Gillette top caps (not sure which one - I'll have to see what fits the best). As a standalone razor I think the L6 is a great shaver. The handle is not for me though; too long, thin, and light. I don't want' to hijack your thread, but I'd like to post some pics/results of my Lord frankenrazor when I get a chance if thats ok...

No problem at all. I made this thread to share information. I would love to see your pics and results.

I have never exchanged parts of razors before aside from using a favored handle with other heads. I have seen other users post interesting frankenrazor combinations, glad you found one you like.

1 pass BBS, though?!

Yes they are both very mild razors that's why sometimes i switch their top and base plates. Actually, achieving a bbs on 1 pass was just for fun. For many weeks, I have not tried this combination. I will try it out again after a two days shave gap to judge how good shave I get without nicks.
I think nobody else has tried it yet.

Not sure where you are seeing that.

Here. I also have my doubts to be honest.
But, as we know there are many types of beard, so I'm not saying it's impossible. With my type of beard I know it would be impossible.

Last edited:
Here. I also have my doubts to be honest.
But, as we know there are many types of beard, so I'm not saying it's impossible. With my type of beard I know it would be impossible.

Ahhh, thanks. Missed it with the lower case letters. I agree it would be difficult, especially with the stricter definitions some have. Need a couple angles of attack to really shear the hairs down to skin level. I am a fan of experimentation though so mixxing and matching like the OP has tried is all in the spirit.

Top Bottom