What's new

How About the More “Genteel” Side of Firearms?

I must by weird or something. I have never seen an O/U anything that I have thought attractive. On the other hand, I think SxS anythings are the epitome of grace.
Agree. Probably because I have one o/u and about 6 sxs. A sxs carries easier too, because of the wider frame.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Speaking of SxS:

Star Gauge1-small.png

Star Gauge5.png
Star Gauge6.png
Star Gauge7.png
Star-Gauge3small.jpg
Star-Gauge4small.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I would love a turkey gun and it is definitely on my list. I keep telling my oldest boy that I will not go turkey hunting with him until I have a proper turkey gun.
Girlfriend has been dropping hints about shooting a wild turkey as she wants to see if they are better tasting than than a Butterball so I think there is a Rio Grand or maybe a Meriam (I hear they are GREAT this year in Oklahoma) hunt in my future. Might as well have a nice shotgun for the trip!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Girlfriend has been dropping hints about shooting a wild turkey as she wants to see if they are better tasting than than a Butterball so I think there is a Rio Grand or maybe a Meriam (I hear they are GREAT this year in Oklahoma) hunt in my future. Might as well have a nice shotgun for the trip!

Beware, Okieland gobblers are really smart. :)

Ah, even across the pond we do have guns! Well shotguns in any case. These are our his&hers main clay guns, Caesar Guerini -- Mine is an Invictus V, hers is a Syren Magnus.
Dogs are fox red labs, trained to flush & retrieve. It's mom&son, sonny is 12 months old, and still learning the ropes!

1660289452048.png

Ah, even across the pond we do have guns! Well shotguns in any case. These are our his&hers main clay guns, Caesar Guerini -- Mine is an Invictus V, hers is a Syren Magnus.
Dogs are fox red labs, trained to flush & retrieve. It's mom&son, sonny is 12 months old, and still learning the ropes!

View attachment 1503467
I'm not sure which I like more, the guns or the pups. Beautiful picture.

Owned several shotguns over the years. Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge, Remington 870 Wingmaster 20 Gauge, Beretta 686 12 Gauge, Browning Grand Citori 12 Gauge, and a few other Citori guns in 20 Gauge. All 26 inch barrels except one 24" custom Citori with english stock in 12 Gauge.

Me and the Mrs. putting dinner on the table, I think she is out of the photo.
37D92E40-075F-4F1B-A838-1C881A169708.jpeg

Shot skeet, shot trap for a number of years including league. Had to give it up a few years back. Arthritic shoulder and a shoulder joint deterioration. Sold the last 20 Gauge Citori about a year ago? I think. Last firearm I thought to sell ever. A bird killer if ever there was one. Fit like a glove. Same Citori in the photo above. But after watching it sit in the safe for a few years I knew the shotgun would never make the field again in my hands. Someone else is enjoying it now.

Lot of great memories though.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Bit of practice with the our 'main' game guns today. Hers is a 1937 E.J Churchill XXV 12 bore. The action on that gun is marvelous, it's like a very expensive car door, just butter smooth!
Mine is AYA #1, 30" barrels, round action, self opener -- HP steel proof barrels.

View attachment 1508361
I think I will take back anything bad I’ve said about side by sides- those are beautiful

Now now now... look what I help design with ART Razors from Ukraine :)

What you don't see is that the top is blackened, there is a brass bead at the end of the 'barrel' and he also drilles 2 holes at the front! Scales are titanium.

1663348353957.png

View attachment 1503467
What a wonderful breed, those labs. And I love the shape of the European lab's head. I love Caesar Guerini, but I suck at clays. Me buying a Caesar Guerini would be like a 80 year old lady buying a Ferrari. A Browning Citori CXS is more my speed. The pic below is mine right after I took it out of the box.

shotgun-12g-browning-citori-sbx.jpg

Top Bottom