What's new

How about some uncommon brush reviews?

I know there has been a lot of talk (and purchasing) of the less common Simpsons brushes lately. I will admit I'm guilty.

But...

The review section is sadly lacking. There are two Berkeley reviews and two reviews of Fifty Series brushes, but no mention of the Classic, Milkchurn, Keyhole, or other uncommon brushes.

Any chance we can get a collective effort going here?

That would be a great thing to get started Dpflaum! Definitely a lot of models of brushes that don't get a lot of talking, but are worthy of mention. I could try to add on some myself if I found some time.

Well... I did a 55 review yesterday. I suppose I can type up another Berkeley review sometime soon, and I will do a Classic 1 review when I buy, receive, and use it.

My berkley, case, and colonel will get reviews after i use them a bit. my wee scot and duke 3 will as well, but they are the common ones.

I got a Harvard Two a little over a week ago. I'll be sure to post some thoughts on it once I get a better feel for it. I've been experimenting with some re-knotted brushes to figure out what knot I want to put in a nice butterscotch Simpson's handle. So, the Harvard has been in rotation with a few others and I haven't had a chance to get a good feel for it yet. It seems to be one that isn't talked about much and when it is talked about, it is usually spoken of disparagingly because of the price. But thus far, I've been really impressed with it.

I got a Harvard Two a little over a week ago. I'll be sure to post some thoughts on it once I get a better feel for it. I've been experimenting with some re-knotted brushes to figure out what knot I want to put in a nice butterscotch Simpson's handle. So, the Harvard has been in rotation with a few others and I haven't had a chance to get a good feel for it yet. It seems to be one that isn't talked about much and when it is talked about, it is usually spoken of disparagingly because of the price. But thus far, I've been really impressed with it.

That sounds good to me, It's a brush I've been curious about but haven't bought. Partially due to the price but mainly because I prefer the short squat handles that grace so many Simpsons.

I know there has been a lot of talk (and purchasing) of the less common Simpsons brushes lately. I will admit I'm guilty.

But...

The review section is sadly lacking. There are two Berkeley reviews and two reviews of Fifty Series brushes, but no mention of the Classic, Milkchurn, Keyhole, or other uncommon brushes.

Any chance we can get a collective effort going here?

*Adds to "To Do" list*

Well... I did a 55 review yesterday. I suppose I can type up another Berkeley review sometime soon, and I will do a Classic 1 review when I buy, receive, and use it.

I'll try to do a Classic 1 review. Lately I've been trying to put a big dent in some creams and croaps so I can get back to my first love, hard soaps. :001_wub:

To me, almost any brush works with a cream, so it isn't the medium I want to read about in a review.

bump. I'm still looking for Simpson Keyhole reviews/thoughts.

In a nutshell, I had the Keyhole 2. The knot is not as dense as other Simpson Best brushes. The handle is beautiful, but I found it less comfortable to use. It's perfectly functional and lathers well, but didn't work for me. I PIF'd it. I have since acquired a Somerset Keyhole 4, and its size is much more to my liking.

Top Bottom