What's new

August is Mild/Medium Efficiency Razors Month

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have been away from posting on this thread for a bit because the allure of the super efficient razor is just too much to deny. But I am headed out on a road trip tomorrow, and i am taking a couple of Mild/Medium razors for the ride. I am bringing a Clix 500 and a 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom New. Both of those are quite mild and provide very nice shaves. Stay tuned for some travel shave posts on here. In the meantime I am enjoying everyone's posts.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have been away from posting on this thread for a bit because the allure of the super efficient razor is just too much to deny. But I am headed out on a road trip tomorrow, and i am taking a couple of Mild/Medium razors for the ride. I am bringing a Clix 500 and a 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom New. Both of those are quite mild and provide very nice shaves. Stay tuned for some travel shave posts on here. In the meantime I am enjoying everyone's posts.

I have a Clix (I believe it's a 500) in my "one of these days" box. Might have to give it a try. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have a Clix (I believe it's a 500) in my "one of these days" box. Might have to give it a try. :)
If its all plastic, its a regular Clix. if its metal, like a brass color, its a Clix 500. At least thats what I have seen in my research. Funny story about how I found the Clix razor, and have come to enjoy it. I am a huge Charcoal Goods fan. I have a bunch of extra handles, and one extra base plate that doesnt have a top cap. As you know, Brian has not been in production for over a year. Maybe more. So I started looking for suitable compatible top cops. I tried a top cap from a NEW LC and it fit very well. But it did not feel right. Then I read on a facebook thread somewhere that a CLIX 500 top cap was a perfect fit for the CG razors! I found one on the cheap, and sure enough it fit like a charm. Shaved appropriately as well. After that, I thought... "Hey, I should try this Clix razor as it should be!" So I did, and it was smooth, mild and efficient enough. It was a pleasurable shave! Now I just need to find a minty Clix 500 in the case so I can permanently dedicate the current top cap to Charcoal Goods duty!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If its all plastic, its a regular Clix. if its metal, like a brass color, its a Clix 500. At least thats what I have seen in my research. Funny story about how I found the Clix razor, and have come to enjoy it. I am a huge Charcoal Goods fan. I have a bunch of extra handles, and one extra base plate that doesnt have a top cap. As you know, Brian has not been in production for over a year. Maybe more. So I started looking for suitable compatible top cops. I tried a top cap from a NEW LC and it fit very well. But it did not feel right. Then I read on a facebook thread somewhere that a CLIX 500 top cap was a perfect fit for the CG razors! I found one on the cheap, and sure enough it fit like a charm. Shaved appropriately as well. After that, I thought... "Hey, I should try this Clix razor as it should be!" So I did, and it was smooth, mild and efficient enough. It was a pleasurable shave! Now I just need to find a minty Clix 500 in the case so I can permanently dedicate the current top cap to Charcoal Goods duty!

That is most cool! Now to dig through the boxes. ;)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mild/Medium Efficiency August
hardware 20210805_095424_2.jpg

Razor: PAA Copper DOC Ascension
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: Simpson Tulip T3 in Super Badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Excellent shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal (post #57) for the PAA Copper Ascension first shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

SOTD
Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

Back to the .84, which is just like the .68 but with extra horsepower. Italian Barber call it "medium".

Mowing down pass 1 with it is fun. There's less work left to do ATG.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No Irritation: 5
No cuts or nicks: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Score: 10/10

Very close shave. No issues. The Rapira Platinum Lux seems sharper but maybe a little less smooth than the Israeli Platinum Chrome. The combo met my shaving goals.
DFA92A99-7AF0-4CC7-8CBE-BEE346A26A4C.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Mild/Medium Efficiency SOTD

Razor:
Gem Bullet Tip
Blade: Gem SS (1)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Dutch Resistance
ASL: the "Veg"
ASB: Nivea balm

What a nice razor this is.

Four days of stubble on my neck gone on the first WTG pass, then two ATG passes to silence the critics.
The blade I mainly felt on the ATG passes, which in my case is the S-N pass on my neck. It is more of a XTG both ways, but it sure feels like ATG when going S-N.

I'm not saying it was uncomfortable shaving ATG with my Bullet Tip, but the blade made it's presence known as it razed off what was left from the first pass.

This razor shaves close. The Witch hazel stung a bit, and the "Veg" made it's presence known, but in a good way. Nivea balm sealed the deal.

Still letting the stubble on my face and chin grow in length, as the Vitos is still laying on the floor where SWMBO threw it two weeks ago. Our Wal-Mart greeter that has an 18" goatee even made a comment that it looked like I was growing a beard yesterday.

If somebody doesn't pick that tub of Vitos off the floor by the time we move, I will have a pretty nice beard come Christmas time!
20210806_094418[1].jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Protective

No Irritation: 4
No cuts or nicks: 4

Score: 9/10

Very close shave. Maybe too close. 2nd shave on this blade and I’m creating nicks and mild irritation. IIRC this blade did well in other razors. Just not ideal for a Schick Krona in my hands.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Mild/Medium August Shave (Travel Shave)

7 O'Clock Flat Bottom NEW. What a nice little razor. I am also in the Polsilver PIF Challenge, and used vintage brown box Polsilver (1) for today's shave. Results were... welll... medium. Not the sharpest blade. Super smooth though. A pleasurable shave, but not the best results. Comfort A+; Closeness C.

2021-08-07 06.30.40.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mild/Medium Efficiency August
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Mixed Metal CR1
Blade: Kai (5 and retired)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: None - Face Lathered
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3
20210807_211610~2.jpg

Excellent razor! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Aftershave: Cold Water Rinse

No Irritation: 5
No cuts or nicks: 5

Score: 10/10

Very close and smooth shave. No issues. The blade is sharp and smooth.

Top Bottom