What's new

How about a blade forum?

Good idea, HOWEVER, check the review area under blades.
Then if further questions you'll find your in the right place!!

Cheers:biggrin:

I think he meant besides the blade review section. Of course if the original authors of the blade reviews created a dedicated thread in the safety razor section of the forum and linked to said thread, this wouldn't be a problem now would it :wink:.

Speaking of the blade review section, how come it seems to be the only section in the reviews that can't be searched through alphabetically?

Gents, there is a section in the wiki for blades. At the moment it is rather small but the wiki team is gearing up to to expand on it as well as adding in SE blades.

This topic came up several times before and I still think it is a good idea to have a separate forum or at least a sub-forum for blades (whether SE, DE or multiblade).
So another +1 here !

Gents, there is a section in the wiki for blades. At the moment it is rather small but the wiki team is gearing up to to expand on it as well as adding in SE blades.

I think they meant they wanted an area for discussing blades. The wiki and the reviews section aren't really designed for that.

That sounds great.

I think there is an issue of readability/find-ability when you have too many categories--more categories can actually become more time consuming to read and search.

Off topic: One thing I will suggest is a drop-down forum menu, visible in each sub-forum, that would allow you to go to the next forum, rather than back to the forum main page (mtbr.com has an implementation of this that works well.

I'll post this suggestion in the appropriate forum so it does not get lost.

This topic has come up a couple times before and a separate blade forum never happened. I don't see how discussing blades (especially their performance) can be done without including the razor. Discussing blades belongs here with the razors.

This topic has come up a couple times before and a separate blade forum never happened. I don't see how discussing blades (especially their performance) can be done without including the razor. Discussing blades belongs here with the razors.

Like soaps/creams cannot be discussed without the brush? Because they interact on the same kind of level as well.
I think that discussion on any part of shaving is always related to the complete set-up but still (within those perimeters) I feel blades deserve a place of their own. In fact, as being the actual cutting part of it all, maybe nothing deserves more a place of its own than blades do.

I am for a blade forum. The reviews are nice, but more can be learned from a discussion about a blade and a particular razor than a one-time post.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Wiki is great, thanks Ray!

I guess General or Safety razor is the best place to post at the moment, as already mentionned!

Top Bottom