What's new

House of Mammoth new soap, Voices.

New collab sounds really nice. I ordered the soap and splash.

Here are the scent notes:
mango, pandan, sticky rice, coconut milk, vetiver, orris, and wood.

Anyone else picking up a tub?
Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 9.24.22 PM.png

New collab sounds really nice. I ordered the soap and splash.

Here are the scent notes:
mango, pandan, sticky rice, coconut milk, vetiver, orris, and wood.

Anyone else picking up a tub?
View attachment 1504577
Those notes sounds nice to me. Mango is my favorite fruit.

I'd love to say I was picking this up but truth be told, I have an unopened box of 3 Stirling soaps with matching aftershaves and EDTs I ordered from their Black Friday in July sale. I'm just waiting for Arko and Aventus August to end before opening it. I guess you could say it's a delayed gift for myself.

Back to Mammoth though. This soap maker is on my list to try so please let me know what you really think of this one in comparison to other Mammoth soaps you have. That scent profile is very appealing to me so I'm intrigued.

I bought Fu Dao as I thought it sounded super crazy. The scent notes were spot on and while wonderful, it wasn't for me in terms of smell. The performance was insane though. The scent notes on Voices sounds very nice and I am super looking forward to trying it.

There are a couple others that Pasteur just got in recently that I hadn't heard of. I have been ignoring them because they only had an AS splash in one scent and after 6 months I assumed that was it. Well it isn't and it's available in Indigo now! :w00t:
(There was a 15% off, then a 10% today. I passed, unfortunately.)

I got myself the set - was a no brainer as half pinoy considering the scent profile and that parts of the proceeds of the soap goes to a good cause (Stop AAPI Hate).

HoM scents are hit or miss for me, so we'll see how this one goes. I adore Mood Indigo, like Hygge, was so-so on FU DAO and put off by Santa Noir as well as Damocles.
The software itself is made for HoM by Chicago Grooming btw, Ben from HoM is from my understading now only involved in the production of the fragrance. While he came up with the "Tusk" base that HoM uses, the production of the software is outsourced.

I got myself the set - was a no brainer as half pinoy considering the scent profile and that parts of the proceeds of the soap goes to a good cause (Stop AAPI Hate).

HoM scents are hit or miss for me, so we'll see how this one goes. I adore Mood Indigo, like Hygge, was so-so on FU DAO and put off by Santa Noir as well as Damocles.
The software itself is made for HoM by Chicago Grooming btw, Ben from HoM is from my understading now only involved in the production of the fragrance. While he came up with the "Tusk" base that HoM uses, the production of the software is outsourced.

Can you further describe Mood Indigo? How prominent is the blueberry?

Can you further describe Mood Indigo? How prominent is the blueberry?

It is there, kinda reminds me loosely of a blueberry cough drop but without the menthol. Not fruity at all, kind of mysterious. And you get a bit of a boozy vibe. Its a great scent to my nose.

IMG_4166.jpeg

I am going to do a test lather in a bit, but so far it smells pretty nice. I would say aside from Declaration Grooming, that House of Mammoth has the most distinctive scents. Voices really does smell like mango sticky rice. There are some savory components, almost nutty elements (my daughter says cashews) with mango, sticky rice, coconuts etc. It is a fun scent for sure. Probably best suited for summer/fall but it isn't overly fruity and bright.

Its a special scent for sure, not for every day. But I do like it.

Star of the pack is the aftershave splash, I forgot how good they are. Will probably get some Unscented Mammoth Splashes for everyday use.

I love Blueberry, I might have to get Mood Indigo.
It's somewhat blueberry forward but nothing like some of the more citrus forward scents you'd find out there. It has a dark sort of smoky-boozy nature to it to my nose. Scent description is pretty close... before I read the description I thought of when you'd walk out of a somewhat smokey bar or restaurant with a sort of fresh and fruity edge to it.

Anyone tried Hygge? Smells like a detergent to me. Wonder If anyone else got the same vibe.
This is your typical YMMV thing. I don't get any detergent smell, but to be honest I'm not sure what I smell. It is my favorite HoM soap and one that just makes me all calm and relaxed when I use it.

This is your typical YMMV thing. I don't get any detergent smell, but to be honest I'm not sure what I smell. It is my favorite HoM soap and one that just makes me all calm and relaxed when I use it.
I acquired Hygge used and used it for the first time last night. Does anyone else think it resembles Arko?

NOT intending to start a flame war; just an honest question. I find a distinct similarity between Hygge and Arko (at least the one I received used from some one else [NOT B&B]; I suppose there is a possibility I was scammed).

[btw: I LOVE Mood Indigo]

Top Bottom