What's new

House Find! Straight Razor....

I took Sdm84 on his offer.
An excellent decision. PREPARE THYSELF!
It was found in my maternal grandfather's belongings. I assume it was his.
Stupendous! How amazing that you can have something like that. Shaving with it will mean so much more than cut whiskers and smelling good. Truly an amazing find.
I would have had better luck shaving with a butter knife.
This is a WONDERFUL idea. Learn to use the straight razor by practiXing with a butter knife. Build it up and get used to the idea now with a dull instrument.

Now, I repeat myself, sir. DO YOU OWN A STROP?

Congrats jay29 and nice going Sdm84 for taking care of that dull razor, just love the way this community takes care of one another!

I have everything for DE shaving and have razorock soaps on the way. Getting bored with English creams even though they work so well.....

I love this community even though I havnt been here in awhile.....I have my DE shave down pat with the help of all the info on here.

Glad to see you posting again! Anyone with a Pinaud avatar is a friend. What's your DE shave of choice? Also, I'm nearly positive I've a strop being underutilized here somewhere. Send along your address and I'll see if I can hunt it out. In the meanwhile, we all LOVE picture of heirloom tools!

That would be great! I need a strop.....

Flawless Shave:

Merkur 34C
Shark Chrome/Stainless blades
Trumpers Coconut Oil Shave Cream
Rooney Badger Brush
Pinaud Citrus Musk Aftershave
Ribbed cereal bowl warmed on mug warmer 30 minutes prior to shave
Brush soaking in hot water 30 minutes prior to shave
3 pass shave

Shave 7pm at night so I don't have to shave in the morning. One less thing I have to do before work......I'm required to be clean shaven except a mustache if I wanted it.

Last edited:
You can't beat shaving with an heirloom razor. My grandfather's razor isn't my best straight but every time I use it he's back in my life.

My freshly honed/stropped razor is on it's way back from Sdm84! Can't wait to get it!

I put away my English Shaving Creams and went Italian, specifically Razorock.

I BLINDLY purchased the following:

The Dead Sea

Son of Zeus

Holiday Caribbean

Tuscan Oud After Shaving Splash

proxy.php

Don Marco Shaving Soap
proxy.php

Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba
proxy.php

Tuscan Oud Italian Shaving Soap

Top Bottom