What's new

Hot weather is here. It's time to TRUST THE PLAN...

Not this guy. Vics VapoRub released a lemon scent just in time for summertime menthol fun. 😉 Enjoy the cool 😎 shaves.
AEDC340F-BB46-4589-9E55-354202BA5837.jpeg

Highs in the 50s and rainy around here, so cannot wait for the warm weather!! :a29:

Then, floral soaps (Haslinger’s marigold) paired with menthol splashes (like Floid and Proraso green)!

hmmmm, yes it was about 88 here today and the humidity washed in on the first of the month. will be here till about october 20th or so. I was considering my stirling barbershop this evening, but the margaritas in the arctic does sound good. yes I think that will do just fine with my artist club. well, better get to it.

I've had a tub of Stirling's glacial Citron just waiting for hot weather.

A bottle of Captain's Choice Nor'easter is also waiting in the wings.

:biggrin: THE MENTHOL PLAN :biggrin:

Cold water shaving with mentholated products.

Cold water shaving?
Unless my water heater break down, thanks but no thanks, but I always use a sponge with cold water after the shave to close the pores. (If that counts. :) )

But now that you mentioned it, I haven’y used my 444 for quite some time…

B.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
My plan was to let time wound all heels, but breaking open the puck of Mama Bear Polar may keep me chill enough to hang tight with the first plan. Maybe some Chiseled Face Cryogen if I can nab it.

You people with your four seasons --! It's been hot enough here for cold water shaving (though I haven't done it yet) since mid-March; and that heat will last until December. Perhaps I'll run the water cold tomorrow!

This afternoon for my 36-hour-beard shave, I went ahead with the cold water. Since the outside temp is something like 92 F. now, the water was not icy cold as it would (or might) be in January -- but it was enough for me to notice the feeling on my skin. As far as I can tell the water worked as well or better than using warm-to-hot.

Stirling Barbershop tallow soap, a champagne-gold postwar fat-handled Tech loaded with a Feather blade, Chiseled Face Midnight Stag aftershave, and a little Clubman powder made for a fine 20 minutes.

Top Bottom