What's new

Hot shaver

How can someone using a shaver soothe irritated skin caused when a shaver gets hot on their skin? Should they use williams lectric shave or afta after shave???? What can they put on their skin to soothe such irritation?

I was an electric shaver for most of my life, only recently have I gone back to blade shaving. I used to enjoy dry shaving but I frequently found I would have irritation, burn, redness in the trouble spots, Some razors overheated. I always used to think that wet shaving with an electric made no sense. Then I tried it. I was using a Panni and some other cheap Japanese foil razor, using gel, like edge. Let me tell you that I got the absolute best BBS shaves with that combo and my skin was in great shape! And the lubrication of the gel stopped the overheating. As good, if not better than some three pass wet blade shaves. I never went back to dry shaving. After that, any post shave is fine, in those days I used Nivea balm. You might ask why then did I go over to blade shaving? Two main reasons 1. I always found electrics would eventually break and I went through many. Some would last up to three years but I always was bummed when I had to replace them. 2. I never, ever got used to the noise from foil razors (just not what I want to wake up to), which IMO way outperform rotary razors, and rotaries I don't think work as well wet and seem to leave more irritation afterwards dry.

Starting on your throat and finishing on your checks can reduce the problem. The razor is cooler when at a more sensitive area.

Top Bottom