What's new

Hot sauce junkie

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I found the first we feast YouTube channel not long ago where an interview takes place while eating chicken wings(from mild to very spicy)

I got an ad on Facebook a few days ago where a Canadian (Ontario) company (Pepper North)will ship some to my door. They have one of their sauce on the show. I’m looking at no additives of filler sauces. I will give them a go for sure.

I can only get jalapeños at the moment so making it isn’t interesting...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
As mentioned, I am a devoted fan of St. Augustine's Datil pepper.

proxy.php

I got seeds from a grower there, and have 14 nice plants coming up.

But I can't wait that long, so. Ordered one of the Datil pepper sauces I hadn't tried. Minorcan Mayhem.

proxy.php

This stuff is insanely good! Strikes a perfect balance of sweet, hot, tangy and vinegary.

Three-pack came yesterday; I think I've gone through half a bottle in two meals.

It's really good.

AA

This currently is my number one.

20200514_092959.jpg

I have a fairly extensive assortment however if you truly do want to chase the heat and feel what can only be described as something that can melt asphalt I would highly suggest this salsa. This stuff is incredible as far as flavor goes but be warned...it is tremendously heated.

20200514_093132.jpg

If something a bit more off the wall piques your interest I'd suggest these two. One is an IPA hot sauce and the other is Chocolate based and has an incredible flavor on any Mexican dish.
20200514_093036.jpg
20200514_093015_HDR.jpg

As mentioned, I am a devoted fan of St. Augustine's Datil pepper.

proxy.php

I got seeds from a grower there, and have 14 nice plants coming up.

But I can't wait that long, so. Ordered one of the Datil pepper sauces I hadn't tried. Minorcan Mayhem.

proxy.php

This stuff is insanely good! Strikes a perfect balance of sweet, hot, tangy and vinegary.

Three-pack came yesterday; I think I've gone through half a bottle in two meals.

It's really good.

AA
As per your recommendation I just ordered the three pack myself.

Luc

Staff member
Nice chicken wings last weekend. Most are from Pepper North which is located in Ontario. Really nice sauce! I also got some Carolina Reapers powder(not in the picture)!

Attachments

• 2B540763-7B38-4B29-89E3-E32BD0309F9A.jpeg
    2B540763-7B38-4B29-89E3-E32BD0309F9A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8

Ad Astra

The Instigator
As per your recommendation I just ordered the three pack myself.

Wow! You will love it, I feel sure. Report back! I want to know. I would drink this stuff.

Datil Do-It is good but too sweet.

Capt. Sorenson's the same.

This stuff has some bang, some tang, and well, it's really hitting that triangle of heat-taste-sweet.

All-in here. Will post photos of my Datil pepper plants ...

AA

Wow! You will love it, I feel sure. Report back! I want to know. I would drink this stuff.

Datil Do-It is good but too sweet.

Capt. Sorenson's the same.

This stuff has some bang, some tang, and well, it's really hitting that triangle of heat-taste-sweet.

All-in here. Will post photos of my Datil pepper plants ...

AA
If you get a bumper crop I might have to snag some fresh peppers from you!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you get a bumper crop I might have to snag some fresh peppers from you!

Glad to find another fan of the Datil pepper!

They really rock. Anybody can grow jalapeño or habñaero ... I have.

And this year, no other pepper plant is coming anywhere NEAR; these must pollinate and not cross-pollinate.

I bought these seeds, but next year, think I'll have plenty ...

Green beans have come in, but no peppers - yet.

AA

Glad to find another fan of the Datil pepper!

They really rock. Anybody can grow jalapeño or habñaero ... I have.

And this year, no other pepper plant is coming anywhere NEAR; these must pollinate and not cross-pollinate.

I bought these seeds, but next year, think I'll have plenty ...

Green beans have come in, but no peppers - yet.

AA
Here in California we have decent summer weather for growing angry fruit. I have grown many a Reaper, Scorpion and various other super hots. However I have yet to try a fresh Datil so that is on my list of musts.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Here in California we have decent summer weather for growing angry fruit. I have grown many a Reaper, Scorpion and various other super hots. However I have yet to try a fresh Datil so that is on my list of musts.

I understand this! (and they DO ship them fresh! in season)

Yellow; yellow-orange; yellow-green; streaked with purple. Sweet, fruity and spicy enough, by gawd. (They are not red, despite that Wiki page. If it's red, something crossed it).

And the Minorcan Mayhem won best sauce two years. It's a very good usage or interpretation of this spectacular pepper.

AA

Luc

Staff member
The peppers took a spin in the vitamix! The result is good. I will make a milder sauce(for the morning).

Attachments

• 54D68844-8FB9-4511-8C88-79346D558986.jpeg
    54D68844-8FB9-4511-8C88-79346D558986.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Ad Astra

The Instigator
@Ad Astra you were not kidding...this sauce is very tasty. I just went through 3/4 of a brand new bottle on 1lb of chicken tenders haha.

Glad you like! I've gone through most of a bottle in a week!

Had it on ribs last night, delish!

And my Datil plants are starting to flower ...

AA

Top Bottom