What's new

Hot sauce junkie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Picked up a few sauces I haven't tried before. Hey...I had a 50 cent off coupon (for any two).
20190116_102510.jpg

Been making my own Habanero Sauce for a while and honestly like it much more than anything I can find at the grocery stores.

It's very simple and very quick to make... just throw the following in a food processor.

Habaneros
Vinegar
1 can of peaches (include the syrup)
Lime juice
salt & pepper

Just bought some of the Gringo Bandito sauces.
the super hot is really hot but not unpleasant. I like the taste a lot.
Not much of a jalapeno sauce guy so the green sauce is OK but I wouldn't bother with it again.

Have yet to try the original sauce. I'd certainly buy the super hot again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have brought up, in the past, that I had two great aunts that had a competition between themselves about who made what we all called Hot Stuff. Truthfully, it probably wasn’t very hot, but it was very tasty. I thought their recipes went to the grave- I may be wrong. A distant relative just let me know that they know of what I speak, and think they have a recipe. When I get it, I will share it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have brought up, in the past, that I had two great aunts that had a competition between themselves about who made what we all called Hot Stuff. Truthfully, it probably wasn’t very hot, but it was very tasty. I thought their recipes went to the grave- I may be wrong. A distant relative just let me know that they know of what I speak, and think they have a recipe. When I get it, I will share it.
It was kind of like picililly relish, but red tomatoes and no cabbage.

picked up some Truff hot sauce. My wife loves it, i was shocked. very different flavor profile. enjoyable if you like truffle flavors.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
That looks evil ...

It is pretty "evil". We were at a gathering a couple weeks ago and a friend requested i make a very hot sauce for her.

1 c white vinegar
50 grams ghost peppers. Stems removed but otherwise whole.
small clove garlic, pressed
juice from 1 lime
pinch of salt

Everything (except lime juice) into a small sauce pan and brought to a simmer, then let cool completely. Added to a blender with the lime juice and pureed.

Good flavor but way to hot for me personally

Top Bottom