What's new

Hot dogs anyone?

Nathans beef hot dog on a poppy seed bun with celery salt, raw onion, yellow mustard and sport peppers.
Even though I’m from Chicago, not a fan of their iconic “the works” hot dog.
I like the idea of sauerkraut, I might have to try that! :)

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Nothing better than a good hot dog. I like mine boiled on a fresh potato roll bun with sauerkraut and mustard. Oscar Meyer Weiner Cheese Dogs go down easy. Boar's Head all beef or Nathan's are also good. Sometimes a good brat hits the spot on a fresh bun. Chili sauce and mustard is another good combo!

Love a good chili cheese dog. Not sure about that Chicago “nuclear neon green” relish. Looks like it comes from Chernobyl or something

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
This thread forced me to dog it . I tried the remoulade & onions on a grilled HB National Jumbo.. not bad, problem is there's a plethora of ways to dress a dog already posted & tempting me

After reading this I got the cravings for a hot dog.

Picked up some smoked Oscar Meyer dogs and boiled them up. They just went on a bun with some Dijon mustard.

Now I got 6 more to eat up.

Will be taking them to work for lunch next week.

There's a place in my area called J Dawgs that cuts X marks all over the dogs before they grill them. They burst open and get crispy at the cuts. Those are the best dogs I've had so that's how I cook mine now.

garyg

I knew somebody would eventually slide the sausage in .. now I'll be thinking all sorts of tube steak on the BGE for as long as this thread provides the daily reminder .. here's today - Andouille Cincinnati Chili Coney (though these days my sausage is from Dearborn, not the Queen City) .. picture borrowed from Emile Kolar ..

1618167331160.png

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I knew somebody would eventually slide the sausage in .. now I'll be thinking all sorts of tube steak on the BGE for as long as this thread provides the daily reminder .. here's today - Andouille Cincinnati Chili Coney (though these days my sausage is from Dearborn, not the Queen City) .. picture borrowed from Emile Kolar ..

View attachment 1250020
I had a platter of coneys last week at Gold Star Chili to mark baseball's opening day. We have Gold Star and Skyline here. I prefer Gold Star, but Skyline is more convenient so it gets more of my custom.

garyg

I had a platter of coneys last week at Gold Star Chili to mark baseball's opening day. We have Gold Star and Skyline here. I prefer Gold Star, but Skyline is more convenient so it gets more of my custom.

I'd forgotten Gold Star, they were good. Skilleenis is available canned here, there was one close that opened & closed ten years back. Detroit coneys have never tasted as good as those old $.50 chili parlours.

I spent dozens, maybe over a hundred, nights at hotels near the Cincinnati airport. I was solidly on team Skyline but if we were just having a meal break at the airport, then Gold Star was the only choice. I was often there on Saturday morning and loved having a mettwurst at the Findlay Market.

Top Bottom