What's new

Horse hair knots

I ordered a horse hair knot today from PC Woodcraft. It's a 24mm knot with a loft of 67mm. I know pretty much zero about horse hair knots. It's advertised as being "soft with backbone" but also states "if your looking for a stiff brush, this isn't it". I think I'm going to try mid 50's for loft. Anybody tried this knot? Open to suggestions about loft. Looking around I've found the loft/diameter to be varied and don't have any idea of the % mane to tail.

Ive done a custom loft vie long horse hair brushes from Gifts and Care I really enjoyed the one I had set about 54-55 mm , dont know about that specific knot

Was this all because of my post in the other thread?? :blink: Ha let me know how quick the shipping is from PC, and if the quality of the knot is as good as TGNs.

I ordered a horse hair knot today from PC Woodcraft. It's a 24mm knot with a loft of 67mm. I know pretty much zero about horse hair knots. It's advertised as being "soft with backbone" but also states "if your looking for a stiff brush, this isn't it". I think I'm going to try mid 50's for loft. Anybody tried this knot? Open to suggestions about loft. Looking around I've found the loft/diameter to be varied and don't have any idea of the % mane to tail.

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious since I've never tried a horse hair brush and wouldn't mind making one.

I am putting together one this weekend as we speak :) So far, I have to say that PC shipped extremely fast (even to me, in Hawaii) and the knot looked of good quality. Will be setting the knot probably later today and might take it for a spin tomorrow, so I'll report back my findings too if folks are interested.

I am putting together one this weekend as we speak :) So far, I have to say that PC shipped extremely fast (even to me, in Hawaii) and the knot looked of good quality. Will be setting the knot probably later today and might take it for a spin tomorrow, so I'll report back my findings too if folks are interested.

That would be great. I'm curious how these PC horse hair knots compare to Vie-Long brushes.

Sweet, Thanks Buma!

Top Bottom