What's new

Horn frames for eyeglasses

About as trad as it gets, anyone have a pair? any resources for them?
I know the gent who does the horn brush handles have them, anyone else?

I (heart) horn frames.

Fortunately, I have no need for spectacles as I have good vision.

Unfortunately, I do not get wear cool horn frames.

I know it's overcast a lot of the year in Oregon, but the summers are nice and sunny :smile:

I (heart) horn frames.

Fortunately, I have no need for spectacles as I have good vision.

Unfortunately, I do not get wear cool horn frames.

Jim, I used to get catalogs from an upscale men's clothier. They had upscale blazers and suits. I think they even made bespoke to suits. One of their specialties was horn glasses. The owner wore them and modeled them in the catalogs. I want to say Silvermanns or something similar. Perhaps one of the gents know who I am talking about.

The glasses were classy and expensive.

Jim, I used to get catalogs from an upscale men's clothier. They had upscale blazers and suits. I think they even made bespoke to suits. One of their specialties was horn glasses. The owner wore them and modeled them in the catalogs. I want to say Silvermanns or something similar. Perhaps one of the gents know who I am talking about.

The glasses were classy and expensive.

Are you talking about Ben Silver? They have a nice selection. My go-to catalog for regimental ties.

http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefront.asp

I was also looking at the frames available on the webpage of the guy who makes horn brush handles. I wonder how they are?

Yes, the Ben Silver Collection. I'm rather fond of the Lafont Dark Tortoise Pantheon. Some of their vintage frames look fantastic too.

I believe the Japanese company Saki makes genuine horn eyeglass frames. For traditional Americana it is often hard to beat Japan.

Top Bottom