What's new

Honor Blackman R I P

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1586216570933.png

Golly, she was Dianna Rigg before Dianna Rigg was Dianna Rigg. Or at least, she was the sexy co-star of The Avengers before Dianna Rigg.

I never knew!!

R.I.P.

All the people who were somehow in the spotlight when I was young are fast disappearing. It makes me uncomfortably conscious of my own mortality.

I had started reading Bond books before I ever saw the Dr No film on its initial release. Goldfinger was my favorite Bond film and Honor my favorite Bond girl. I don't think I've seen a Bond film or read a Bond book since Fleming died in the early 1970s, but I had already read and seen the best, why waste time with the rest. For zombie or Honor fans, check out Cockneys vs Zombies. It's great to watch old folks, like Honor, kicking some zombie a** and it's free to stream on amazon prime.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I had started reading Bond books before I ever saw the Dr No film on its initial release. Goldfinger was my favorite Bond film and Honor my favorite Bond girl. I don't think I've seen a Bond film or read a Bond book since Fleming died in the early 1970s, but I had already read and seen the best, why waste time with the rest. For zombie or Honor fans, check out Cockneys vs Zombies. It's great to watch old folks, like Honor, kicking some zombie a** and it's free to stream on amazon prime.
She was my favorite Bond girl as well.

And none of the movies since the last ones based on the books are ones I care to watch more than once.

I'm old I guess, but I know what I like, lol. Get off my lawn!

Has there ever been a better leading lady pet name than "Pu$$y Galore"? I think not. She was and always will be the epitome of THE Bond Girl. Goldfinger was my favorite as well. "Strict rules of golf, Goldfinger!".

PG.jpg

Top Bottom