What's new

Honing service

Hi Everyone,

I am getting back into straight razor shaving and need my razors to be honed. I use to send them to straight razor designs but that shop has closed. I read through the forum and saw that people have sent their razors to doc226. I went to his website doc226.com but it does not seem to be valid. Do you have any other recommendations for good honing services? Thank you in advance for your help.

-Rob

As mentioned above, use the message feature. Alfredo will respond to you. He's done work for me in the past with regard to honing as well as scales replacement. You can't go wrong with the Doc!

This may be a dumb question, but how do I send a message to Doc226? I found him when i searched but there is no option to send a message.

You need to hit 10 posts before you can PM someone.

Here is a list of honers:

You need to hit 10 posts before you can PM someone.

Here is a list of honers:

Thanks that makes sense - thats why the start convo button isn't there for me.

Hi Everyone,

I am getting back into straight razor shaving and need my razors to be honed. I use to send them to straight razor designs but that shop has closed. I read through the forum and saw that people have sent their razors to doc226. I went to his website doc226.com but it does not seem to be valid. Do you have any other recommendations for good honing services? Thank you in advance for your help.

-Rob
I’ve had good luck with Howard Schechter at the perfect edge. (508)769-7962. He charges $30 and that includes shipping back to you. He puts a fine edge on a razor. 22 years in business. Give him a call.

I’ve had good luck with Howard Schechter at the perfect edge. (508)769-7962. He charges $30 and that includes shipping back to you. He puts a fine edge on a razor. 22 years in business. Give him a call.
I too have had great service from Howard Schechter. He repaired and honed a Jerry Stark razor I had dropped and damaged.
I have had several long, very informative conversations with him. I purchased two of his hones - 6x2 Belgian Blue and 6x2 Belgian Coticule. Those are two wonderful stones. I found his hones to be head and shoulders better than anything I had used before. My collection of older hones has been relegated to a box in the garage.

Top Bottom