What's new

Honing Service Recommendations?

I just got lucky finding a NOS Parker 320 Japanese vintage and I’m looking to have it honed. So far I’ve been pointed to Straight Razor Designs and The Perfect Edge, but I don’t know who would be better. Any suggestions or other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm also new to straight razors. I've been using a shavette for a long time, but just recently got a real straight razor, but I need to have it honed. Any other recommendations? I didn't want to send out PMs without asking first.

Doc226’s edges are wonderful and well regarded. The gentelman who runs shaveready.net can put a nice edge on a razor. And, while i’ve Never shaved off one of his edges, Lynn Abraham from straightrazordesigns is a legendary honing guru.

Doc226’s edges are wonderful and well regarded. The gentelman who runs shaveready.net can put a nice edge on a razor. And, while i’ve Never shaved off one of his edges, Lynn Abraham from straightrazordesigns is a legendary honing guru.
I heard the srd honing gets sent to Staten Island NY. I thought he was in Ohio? Lol.

Doc226 is one of (if not the) best in the business. Only edge I have ever used that comes close to his is Ulrik Beyer (Koraat Razors). Ulrik is in Austria and is a razor manufacturer..not probably a great choice for just honing work.
Lynn Abrams is good too. Doc is a tough act to follow though.
The guy at The Perfect Edge (according to Jarrod at TSS), Howard Schecter, puts a phenomenal edge on a razor. If I recall, Jarrod once said it was the sharpest, keenest edge he has ever experienced.
I have tried Doc226, Lynn Abrams, and Ulrik Beyer...never tried Howard. Maybe some day....
Right now I do my own honing and am pretty satisfied with the final product.

Doc226 is one of (if not the) best in the business. Only edge I have ever used that comes close to his is Ulrik Beyer (Koraat Razors). Ulrik is in Austria and is a razor manufacturer..not probably a great choice for just honing work.
Lynn Abrams is good too. Doc is a tough act to follow though.
The guy at The Perfect Edge (according to Jarrod at TSS), Howard Schecter, puts a phenomenal edge on a razor. If I recall, Jarrod once said it was the sharpest, keenest edge he has ever experienced.
I have tried Doc226, Lynn Abrams, and Ulrik Beyer...never tried Howard. Maybe some day....
Right now I do my own honing and am pretty satisfied with the final product.
Is this the one you are referring to?

Top Bottom