What's new

Honing my first Straight!

Thanks! So he only has sets of two hones now? I thought people were talking about sets of three stones but I might have gotten that wrong.

Thanks! So he only has sets of two hones now? I thought people were talking about sets of three stones but I might have gotten that wrong.

I noticed that as well. Is this combination a good option to keep edges sharp (not trying to restore razors right now but want to keep the razors I have in good condition)?

At 5k your stone is more of a polishing stage stone than a sharpening stage stone. You need a 1000k stone for bevels and sharpening.

Woah...my honing thread rises from the dead. :lol::lol:

My current sharpening tools are a Barber's Hone, and a leather bench strop with Chromium Oxide.

I had thoughts of getting out of straights completely, but couldn't bring myself to sell my refurbished Boker King Cutter 5/8 in translucent horn scales. So after a couple of months (and buying a Kai Captain Excelia as well) I am getting back into the swings of things, with a Vintage Giesen & Forsthoff being delivered sometime next week. :thumbup:

Top Bottom