What's new

Honing Improvement Through Partnering

Theres always room for you brother! The partnering is great. But the 2 should have similar tastes in what they shave with. Harsh and smooth are purely subjective.

Two can improve their skills however, a mentor student works best. Perhaps a group of three to four under one honemaster. Anyone want to teach a willing student?:001_rolle

I'm in the process of getting a coti, so I'm not quite ready yet, but I'm new to the honing scene, I'd be very interested in partnering up with someone who is more experienced.

Ok ordered a GD from the bay. Once it arrives Im willing to partner up with someone. Im trying to get more practice with my Arkie and film setup. I think this will be a great idea.

I am in if anyone wants a partner.

Sonoma, California here.

I'd like to partner with someone who uses a thuri but it's not totally necessary.

I'm ready for a honing partner or a mentor to check my edges. I'm happy with them, but would like to see if their up to snuff for others.

I am interested in a partner- if anyone from this thread is still interested, I'd love to hear from you! Hopefully over last 6 years you're all pros 😆

That is a great idea. I would love to be able to do this. If anyone is interested hit me up. Most of my razors are japanese razors, but I do have german ones as well.

The only thing is I cant hone razors yet that have non straight spines. Which I do have a razor I want to hone but dont understand how to do it since the spine isnt perfectly straight.

Would anyone be willing to video chat with me and help me so I can hone razors that are not straight.

That is a great idea. I would love to be able to do this. If anyone is interested hit me up. Most of my razors are japanese razors, but I do have german ones as well.

The only thing is I cant hone razors yet that have non straight spines. Which I do have a razor I want to hone but dont understand how to do it since the spine isnt perfectly straight.

Would anyone be willing to video chat with me and help me so I can hone razors that are not straight.
I am interested suhrim, I can probably help with non straight spines, though I tend to not have enough patience for them.

I could probably also help. send me a DM with what you've tried.

I am an experienced honer and would love to pay it forward to honor the wonderful support I received here and other places years ago when I was learning.

I live in Florida if you would like to partner please pm me.

Great thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom