What's new

Honeybee soaps just arrived

Good luck with them! I honestly dont care for here soaps but still not bad. I prefer TSD and Mama Bear soaps much more. I did here the YOB smells heavenly though!

I will be using tonight. I purchased two tubs GIT and Ye olde Barbershop. I will let you all know what I think.

I don't know what Honeybee's Ye Olde Barbershop smells like, but if it is like Mama Bear's, I bet it smells great! I open the tub a few times a day to get a sniff.

DL

I'm a big HBS YoB fan, but typically for nights out -- not for work. For those who haven't smelled it, it has a prominent Bay Rum note, with perhaps some vanilla, & maybe some cedar.

I'm a big fan of HBS. They were among my first shaving purchases. Sadly, many of her soaps are irritating so I don't use them much anymore but as far as performance goes, they're excellent.

I'm a big fan of HBS. They were among my first shaving purchases. Sadly, many of her soaps are irritating so I don't use them much anymore but as far as performance goes, they're excellent.

HBS Eucalyptus was the third soap I tried (after Williams & Conk), and in this case 'third time lucky' definitely applies - it's my #1.

I love the smell. Not as barbershop or old mannish that I was thinking it may be but scent is great.

Good lubrication and good moisturizing. When I lathered up for the 2nd time I did get a bit of a stinging sensation mainly on my lip but as long as it doesn't irritate my face afterwards I'm ok with it. Lather was very nice also.

Anyone else experience irritation besides the above post.

I see that someone else had some irritation with HBS soaps. I have HBS Jasmine, Sandalwood/Vanilla and Eucalyptus/Spearmint. Love the scents and have not had any irritation with them except a week ago. I put on the Sandalwood/Vanilla and felt a burning all over until I washed it off. I tried it a few days ago and had no problem with it. Which is good because I love the scent of Sandalwood/Vanilla. If I ever develop a sensitivity to Jasmine, I'll be bummed, 'cause it's my favorite soap scent ever.

Anybody know what would cause sensitivity one day but not another?

Dave

I too have had the same experience unfortunately. I purchased the Cherry Pipe Tobacco and the Mayan Gold - both made my face burn. A shame really because they gave me great shaves. I think I'll be placing them on the B/S/T forum along with some other items.

I bought the Drakkar and Cool Water scented soaps (So I like 80's colognes). I didn't think they made a very good lather. I might need to give them time to soften up a bit.

I had some irritation with Cedarwood Amber. But I left the lid off the container for 2 weeks and it improved.

No irritation with Bay Rum, Victorian Rose, or Sandalwood, which is good because I consistently get my best shaves with HBS! There is just something in there that my whiskers agree with!

John

If you have irritation let them air out for a few days to a few weeks. The soaps will still smell great but will work better with your skin.

If you have irritation let them air out for a few days to a few weeks. The soaps will still smell great but will work better with your skin.
Great input. I'll try that. I do love HBS scents and hope that I'll have no further irritation!

Dave

I assume that the fragrance will get weaker which may be the cause of the irritation.

I think Honeybee soaps are good value and have great variety in scents. My only complaint is that the are scented a bit too strong.

Awhile back, one member ordered an unscented puck, then melted and mixed half of that with a scented puck to create a "half scented" puck that supposedly worked better for his skin. My skin is pretty sensitive, so I just stuck with the unscented HBS.

Great soaps IMO, a real bargain for the money. To me, the Ye Olde Barbershop smelled awesome, but on my face it was too intense and sugary and sweet. I ended up using it as a shower soap.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I recently just ran out of VDH and thought I'd step up to a "real" soap only to find that the HBS stuff burns my face. The Old Spice one doesn't bother me but Ye Olde Barbershop and Bay Rum leave my face burning and applying aftershave is painful.

I guess that's what I get for not researching it and buying the cheapest I could find. I bought a tub of Tabac yesterday, hopefully that redeems my mistake.

Top Bottom