What's new

HoneyBee Soap... ID'ing the scent

I was fortunate enough to secure 3 cakes of the honeybee soap from a fellow str8 shaver. Two had yet to be used and are in their orignial packaging... Oak Moss, and Mountain Mist. The third one he had used once or twice, and was in a non labeled zip loc bag. The seller has headed off to the Navy, so I'm guessing he won't be able to reply to my question. So, any guesses as to what the soap could be? It's brown in color, and has a sweet, cinammon-cardammon type smell... almost smells like potpourri.

This did come as a 3-pack, so I don't know if Sue has a standard 3-pack that includes oak moss, Mountain Mist, and ????

The first person to properly ID this soap gets a virtual firm hardy hand-shake :bored:

thanks
Drew

Drew said:
I was fortunate enough to secure 3 cakes of the honeybee soap from a fellow str8 shaver. Two had yet to be used and are in their orignial packaging... Oak Moss, and Mountain Mist. The third one he had used once or twice, and was in a non labeled zip loc bag. The seller has headed off to the Navy, so I'm guessing he won't be able to reply to my question. So, any guesses as to what the soap could be? It's brown in color, and has a sweet, cinammon-cardammon type smell... almost smells like potpourri.

This did come as a 3-pack, so I don't know if Sue has a standard 3-pack that includes oak moss, Mountain Meadow, and ????

The first person to properly ID this soap gets a virtual firm hardy hand-shake :bored:

thanks
Drew

I just checked the Honeybee web sit (http:stores.ebay.com/Honeybee-Spa-Soaps) and learned that there is a sampler pack containing Mountain Meadow (not Mountain Mist), Oakmoss and Lemon Lime.

Bud
[/URL]

Have not tried Mama Bear yet. Though I'm really looking forward to it. And I notice that as of very very recently, hers are new and improved, with more good things for your skin.

Since they are both known to be very excellent, and preferences among this stuff tends to be very personal, it will probably be impossible for anyone to tell you which one will be better for you. Ergo, buy both, they are cheap.

crackstar said:
guys, how do the Honeybee soaps compare to the Mama Bear soaps?

Jeff

I have tried both and in my opinion there is no comparison. The Mamma Bear soaps are good, but the Honeybee soaps are fantastic and in a seperate league all by themselves. From my experience the Honeybee soaps are far superior and provide a truly luxurious shave that leave your face feeling really pampered. The best part is that this really moist and smooth feeling lasts the best portion of the day. All this at a truly bargain price to boot. Keep in mind, this is my preference and you will have to try both in order to find what works best for you and to form your own opinion.

Bud

yeah, it could be bay rum, or even coconut (though I don't know if her coconut soap is brown).

I was one of the early endorsers of mama bear soaps, and still really like them a lot... so I will give my comparison/review once I give one of the honeybee soaps a try.

Drew

The coconut is a tan color...like a dirtied white if you will...but that smells strongly of coconut...pretty identifiable.

It's definitely brown, so I don't think it's the coconut. I'm guessing it's bay rum, but given there are many interpretations of bay rum, it's tough to say that with certainty. I was actually able to find an e-mail from the guy I bought these from, and he identified it as lemon-lime... my faith in humanity had been shattered, thinking that this could even come close to passing for lemon-lime. I was happy to see on her website that Sue's lemon-lime soap is green. The counterparty to this transaction was apparently mistaken.

Sue, can you help out with this?

Drew

Hi Drew,

I'm a bit perplexed myself. I do sell a sampler with Oakmoss, Lemon Lime and Mountain Mist, but they are all clearly green, and if your soap is brown, it could be one of many, although I don't have any shaving soaps with a cinnamon-y fragrance. The Lemon Lime is a mix of sweet and tart, but not spicy. I am replacing the Lemon Lime with a straight Lime in the aforementioned sampler, as that seems to be a very popular scent.

The spiciest brown soaps in shaving are probably Bay Rum and Almond, but the cinnamon doesn't fit either of those. I'm honestly not sure what it is, as the description doesn't seem to fit any of my shaving soaps.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

HB Sue

Drew,

I'm guessing you bought the soaps from Pitbull at SRP?

Here is his listing of the soaps:

Lemon-Lime Oakmoss and Mountain Mist are the flavors.

Gundog already had it figured out.

Randy

Randy-
Yes, that is who I bought them from. I'm sure the soap is bay rum... it certainly is not lemon-lime. I just assumed he had bought a 3-pack sampler... but he very easily could have just bought 3 individual soaps. I can't say I share the same enthusaism as most other people with my first try of this soap... but I will use it a couple of more times to make sure I get a good enough sample.

Thanks for the help
Drew

Top Bottom