What's new

Hone 15 razor

Itt has been overdue but I have postponed mentioning this razor as I had a steeper learning curve with t compared to ny other razors.

It is the heaviest and most massive razor I have ever used bar none and I actually have not come across any dazor that is heavier on the forums. The only one that comes close is the rocnel sailor 2020 LE but even that one is outweighed by a few grams by this sledgehammer of a razor.

It is however beautifully balanced to me and I have no trouble wielding it. I had a lot of trouble getting the right curve at first and managed to nick myself when I used a far too shallow angle. However at the right angle it is a mild shaver and very comfortable to use. It is not the most efficient of razors imho so this may not be the razor you reach for if you want a one pass bbs. However its strength lies in how comfortable it feels on the face especially when you soak it in hot water beforehand as the massive brass boxy retains heat well. Therr is much auditory feedback and It definitely favours the sharper blades like a feather.
Appearance wise it is stunning and does not look like most other razors ever made. AFAIK it is the only razor design I have read about that has won an international design award and it is to me one of the best razor designs aesthetically I have seen. The 3D curvature of the body must not have been easy to machine. The handle screws almost seamlessly into the head and it is so well thought out by the designer.
The finish is some kind of sandblasting that leaves the brass glistening with what appears to be little metali specks - it looks incredible. I have been using toothpaste to clean it after every use as per the designer's suggestion to ward off tarnishing as I want the golden sparkling finish to remain untarnished.
All in all it is a most lovely razor that is very comfortable to use and I am very pleased with it.

Attachments

• 20200710_002914.jpg
    20200710_002914.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Very nice black aluminium! I wonder how many hone razor users are members here? Please be welcomed to post about your home razors to let us see your personal hone or your experiences with it. I am participatory curious about the very few solid titanium hone razors that were released by Andrew a few years ago as a limited edition.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I recently got one as well. Initial thoughts are quite similar. It’s like somebody chipped off a piece of Thor’s hammer and made it into a razor. Smoothest razor I own. It can absolutely give a BBS shave and I have been buffing with it a lot to get there but the thing just doesn’t cut me at all.

Top Bottom