What's new

Homemade Wire Shaving Stand

I took a wire coat hanger and fashioned myself a metal loop that I've hung from the towel rack in my bathroom. Now, I can hang my C&E brush upside down to dry like you fat cats with your expensive brushes-with-stands! I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

[EDIT] I finally posted the pictures - scroll down a bit to see them.

Hey everyone - I'm terribly sorry for missing this. Thanks Jim for reminding me via PM. I am, again, at work - but I won't forget to take the picture tonight.

Sorry for keeping everyone in suspense!

OK, here we go. The pictures don't show the best angle, but hopefully you can see how this works.(Again apologies for the inaction in posting these. I don't have an internet connection at home).

P.S. The makeup bag is not mine.

Another note: don't ask why the yellow bottle says "s'not water"... it's a long running joke between SWMBO and I. :D

Gee, Ron, it's a pity that the Internet doesn't convey sarcasm better! :lol:

Speaking of which, I hope that I didn't offend anyone with my "fat cats" comment in the original post. I have the highest regard for people with SBAD, and I look up to them with awe.

rossination said:
I took a wire coat hanger and fashioned myself a metal loop that I've hung from the towel rack in my bathroom. Now, I can hang my C&E brush upside down to dry like you fat cats with your expensive brushes-with-stands! I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

[EDIT] I finally posted the pictures - scroll down a bit to see them.

Daniel
Way to go! as self appointed fat cat spokesman-person I applaud your ingenuity and resourcefulness, a quality that is sadly lacking in many of todays youth.( Abe Lincoln said that first) Best of luck!
Jim

rossination said:
Gee, Ron, it's a pity that the Internet doesn't convey sarcasm better! :lol:

Speaking of which, I hope that I didn't offend anyone with my "fat cats" comment in the original post. I have the highest regard for people with SBAD, and I look up to them with awe.
Hey! Hey! That was my best Groucho Marx impersonation! But, though not intended, you must admit that you really set us up and then raised the anticipation even further through denial. But, if it serves the purpose and fits the budget, by jove it's good...

Ghetto chic!!!

1. Reminded me of the DWR Champangne chairs...
proxy.php

2. Then inspired me!
proxy.php

Tito

Tito !!!

Atsa vuuurry nice-a !
Im makin mine tomorrow.
Now, if I hadnt already bought that combo stand from T&H......

I second that Tito, very nice, I'm going to do the same thing when I get some time. I'm going to polish the wire first with some metal polish to give it a bit of shine and more sophisticated look. When I get around to it I'll post some pics.

Top Bottom