What's new

Homemade Shaving Soap - An Illustrated Guide to a Test Batch - LONG POST

5% lanolin? Typically you use around 1%
If you're using 10% Shea butter drop the NaOH down a little bit because shea butter forms a very hard white bar. Avocado oil I like under 5% as it gets tacky when superfatted in excess of that. Might want to get a hold of some kokum butter and mango butter while you're at it... they seem to work really well in Winter soaps. Does it get cold where you live? That will determine the type of soap you will want to concentrate on.
Ah, well live and learn. I made the lanolin and Shea butter soap with KOH only. It did turn out considerably harder than the "baseline" recipe, which I still love.

I bought the ingredients for this soap about 4 years ago, and finally made a batch on New Year's Day 2022. Great stuff! I shaved with it today (almost 9 years after the original post.)
Hi!, I'm very interested in creating my first shaving soap batch with a similar MdC recipe, in the end, which recipe did you use? (If possible) Could you describe more/add some pictures of the results of your shaving soap? (This thread is "old" and unfortunately I cannot look the pictures from previous comments as they are no longer available...) Best Regards!

Top Bottom