What's new

"Homemade" Rum Blend - Pipe Tobacco

Went to my favourite local B&M yesterday, The Pipe Shop on Leith Walk, looking for a few ideas and suggestions (and to drool over some of his pipes:drool:) and to stock up on pipe cleaners.
Ended up getting a 25g pouch of Plum and Rum I think it's the Exclusiv stuff but was loose in a jar....smelt great in the jar and as I was packing, but was a bit disappointed with the actual smoke. Was very fine and possibly a bit too dry so it seemed to burn pretty hot and lost the rum. From the room note it could have been any generic cigarette blend.

As I was passing today (as I do every other Tuesday whilst working), I popped in to let them know and to try something else. Walked out with 25g of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co's. Rum Flake, was almost tempted by the twist they had in stock but thought that might be a bit too much for everyday use!

I'm now currently smoking a 60:40 blend of the two (kept back some of the Rum Flake to enjoy on it's own) and must say it's a very nice smoke! :w00t: nice rum flavour (with a hint of liquorice) and a much cooler smoke. It's needing a few re-lights but hopefully that will improve as the two blends sit mixed together in the tin. There's the added bonus that SWMBO has sniffed appreciatively and said "mmm that smells nice" :001_wub:

Top Bottom