What's new

Homemade leather case for my Travalong

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Travalong's original packaging is divided into two types: carton and leather case. I found the carton type, but I think the leather case is more convenient to carry and more delicate; so I sewed it myself with primary color cowhide referring to its leather case version.

I also printed black fonts according to the original bronzing pattern, which is more durable and does not fade.

FB_IMG_1647346106822.jpg

FB_IMG_1647346098531.jpg

Compare with the original carton.
FB_IMG_1647346112828.jpg

Travalong's original packaging is divided into two types: carton and leather case. I found the carton type, but I think the leather case is more convenient to carry and more delicate; so I sewed it myself with primary color cowhide referring to its leather case version.

I also printed black fonts according to the original bronzing pattern, which is more durable and does not fade.

View attachment 1424240
View attachment 1424239
Compare with the original carton.
View attachment 1424241

Dang! This is awesome!

ERS4

Dang! This is awesome!
I couldn't help but finish this leather case before I received the razor, just based on photos and size information provided on the Internet, it was fortunately proved that the finished size was perfect.

ERS4

Looks really professional. How do you print on leather?
I put the leather directly into the inkjet printer, there are a few tricks to help align it and convince the printer to recognize it. Unfortunately, the size that can be printed is limited.
Finish with a splash of water repellent spray to keep the color long.

I made some "William Morris" money clips in the same way a few years ago for my own use.
32746924_1770398386332390_909871066262798336_n.jpg

ERS4

Is that a copy of an original travelong leather case ie same shape and size?
Since I never got the original leather case for travalong, I can only measure someone else's photo through a computer screen and drawing software; so I'd say the shape and size are close, but the details won't be exactly the same.
Like I fine-tuned the lines of the flip to fit the big snaps I'm used to fitting.

I taught packaging design courses in college, so experience with size and thickness also helps with designing leather case.

Love the William Morris designs. I had no idea you could do that on leather. I don't use money clips, I don't travel much, but if there was a razor case like that, I think I'd have to get it anyway. Beautiful.

Top Bottom