What's new

Homemade Labels for Soaps and Aftershaves

Great artistic rendering! My labelling, while functional, leaves a lot to be desired.

I tried to make it a bit more artistic, while maintaining the masking tape aesthetic. I feel it's important.

1625513051348.png

Ok, I did an Arko. Get ready. Dun dun............. dun dun........... dun dun.... dun dun.... dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun 🦈

Please open an etsy shop immediately. Bonus points — I mean, extra charge — for accepting custom requests.

You know, I looked at the Arlington label, and I kinda had a hard time coming up with ideas. Obviously I could do a somewhat faithful replica, just by hand, but the only thing I associate with the name Arlington, no one wants on their soap. What were you thinking?

With Stirling, I can usually peel the label off and stick it on another tub. Otherwise, blue or green painter's tape is good enough for me. I have so many soaps, I don't need fancy.

What were you thinking?

Why is my wife is always asking me that same question? Anyway, regrettably, lack of imagination is one of my paradoxical strengths! Arlington does't seem to lend itself to caricature very easily (I'd pass on the cemetery iconography too). If I were serious (but I'm not) just the name in font would be about all that could be extracted from that label. Perhaps instead of an Etsy store I would be equally pleased to subscribe to a blog portfolio. Just trying to encourage the arts :)

Last edited:
Why is my wife is always asking me that same question? Anyway, regrettably, lack of imagination is one of my paradoxical strengths! Arlington does't seem to lend itself to caricature very easily (I'd pass on the cemetery iconography too). If I were serious (but I'm not) just the name in font would be about all that could be extracted from that label. Perhaps instead of an Etsy store I would be equally pleased to subscribe to a blog portfolio. Just trying to encourage the arts :)

My wife is the real artist, though she has been pleased (amused) with my efforts. I’ll throw some more stuff up here when I do more.

Top Bottom