What's new

Homelike TAIGA Adjustable Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the same boat, tracking says it left Russia on the 12th and nothing since.
Hmm ours must be part of the same shipment then. Mine was last scanned @0640 on January 12th [emoji19] (released from Russian customs). I hope it turns up soon.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

When did you guys order?
I. Ordered mine on Wednesday, not yet shipped as far as I can see.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

When did you guys order?
I. Ordered mine on Wednesday, not yet shipped as far as I can see.

Ordered 7th January, shipped 10th of January... Last tracking information documented was 12th January at 0640 "released from Russia."

Yesterday my Taiga was delivered.

This morning I tested it for the first time using a fresh asp blade and my Arko soap. Setting 3 for all Passes, cc plate.

My reference are the rex ambassador and the Rockwell 6s.

So in short words...

The Taiga gives less blade feel than the Rex. More like the Rockwell. So the smooothness and shave feel more like the Rockwell over all. BUT... the efficiency is more like the rex ambassador. In the usual problematic areas like neck, chin upper lip the taiga performed extremely well. After the shave my skin felt really good.

The head is very slim and manoeuvrable,less bulky than the Rockwell.

The taiga for me, my skin and my first impression, combines the advantages of the rex and the Rockwell while eliminating their disadvantages.

I'm. Speechless in a positive way.

If you want to spend that much money and don't have a ss razor at all, I recommend it. If you have a Rockwell or a Rex I would recommend it too if you are not fully satisfied with it.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Better than the Ambassador. Just what my wallet didn’t need here;) if a few more of you find it to be milder yet efficient I will pull the trigger.

Any idea of type of steel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than the Ambassador. Just what my wallet didn’t need here;) if a few more of you find it to be milder yet efficient I will pull the trigger.

Everything I’ve read indicates it is all stainless, including both base plates. I have not yet pulled the trigger so to speak. I’m in a wait and see mode.

(from Home Like Shaving's Website)

Specifications:
Aggressiveness of the bottom plate (adjustable GAP): 0.5-1.5 mm,
Production material: AISI 316 stainless steel,
Shaver height - 97.8 mm,
Head width - 25.4 mm
Head length - 43.1 mm,
Handle length - 90 mm,
The diameter of the handle is 12mm,
Weight with base handle - 108 g.,
Weight with Ti handle - 96 g.,
Finish: Polished

My early thoughts...

I have two shaves down (one with each baseplate). Both are very smooth and efficient without significant blade feel. SB is extremely comfortable even when the gap is way open - just increases the efficiency without discomfort. There is slight blade feel with the OC plate but nothing crazy at all.

TBH, the SB plate reminds me of the comfort of a Razorock Baby Smooth but at a different shave angle obviously and MUCH more efficiency. Up to a 5 or 5.5 I wasn't afraid of nicking myself - even against the grain on my neck which I have to normally be very cautious with as my neck gets irritated easily.

Most are comparing the Taiga to the Rex - rightly so... Both are 100% stainless steel, well made, and similarly adjustable. For me personally, I wanted to love the Rex, but it just had too much blade feel for me. I couldn't dial up the efficiency without increasing the blade feel and personal discomfort (as always YMMV). It's an impeccable razor though and American made to boot [emoji631] [emoji106], it just didn't work out for me so I passed it on. Others feel differently about it and that's perfectly fine.

The Taiga is a different beast for me in a very good way [emoji6][emoji869]. Beauty, comfort, and efficiency. Only two shaves in and I'm considering going through my collection and consolidating a little... [emoji15].

Just my 2 cents. Happy shaves! [emoji41]

Josh
proxy.php
proxy.php

After my second shave I can still say that the shave is as mild as a Rockwell and as efficient as a rex.

I think It's 316L as far as I can remember.

After my second shave I can still say that the shave is as mild as a Rockwell and as efficient as a rex.

I think It's 316L as far as I can remember.

Nice. I think I will pull the trigger when they restock.

Ok that should be a serious information. I am so glad I already pulled the trigger.

Well, this bit of news automatically re-added ~$315 (actual cost of acquisition w/ shipping + titanium handle included) into my near term Shaving Habit Budget. I can now focus on other hardware to try out in the coming months.
Lol... Wade right in... The water is fine. [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom