What's new

HOMELIKE and USPS

Well, everyone at the post office in Cincinnati has shaved now. It has departed.
i think there should be wagering! I’ll give my beautiful Chinese Q shave TTO to anyone who can guess the next city to shave with my Baikal razor! I say Albuquerque.
I'm In!!

Thank you for passing around your new Baikal Razor!! Very generous of you!! If it comes up my way, I'll post pictures and a review!!

PS. I'm American and LOVE our GREAT Country!!

OH...it’ll be there!
It’s just touring the eastern portion of the Midwest currently. Conventional wisdom says its heading to the Southwest after that. I’m thinking of heading to Phoenix, soak up some rays...shave with my razor before sending the globetrotting Baikal out for the rest of the tour.

I'm In!!

Thank you for passing around your new Baikal Razor!! Very generous of you!! If it comes up my way, I'll post pictures and a review!!

PS. I'm American and LOVE our GREAT Country!!
same here, love America it's a blessing to live here

OH...it’ll be there!
It’s just touring the eastern portion of the Midwest currently. Conventional wisdom says its heading to the Southwest after that. I’m thinking of heading to Phoenix, soak up some rays...shave with my razor before sending the globetrotting Baikal out for the rest of the tour.
What city did it get to? My guess was Oklahoma City

All we know so far in the Wet Shaving version of Where’s Waldo, is that “bye call”...as I now refer to her...has left Cincinnati. No updates. Heres the Bye Call wagering, so far:
Keto - Oklahoma City
Post Shave - Albuquerque

UPDATE:
Apparently, my Homelike razor is a big hit with the truck drivers. Unless of course, the truck that left Cincinnati 5 days ago and hasn’t reported in (8 hours, 572 miles from my mailbox) is driving less than 9.5 MPH. I know it sounds like a stretch...but I’m thinkin’ that possibly the truck driver had a flat tire and he went ahead and put the weiner wheel on...and he’s relentlessly heading my way, at 9.5 MPH. What a dedicated govt employee, eh? I hope he gets a commendation for his perseverance.
Either way, it’s 23 days since arrival at JFK Airport In NY.

Oh my goodness I don't understand what goes on with these razors. I've never seen this kind of same with any shaving gear of bought or sold. France Greece Canada military base in Japan and that's just the ones off of the top of my head. My titanium handles from Russia get here in two or three weeks usually, what's really going on?

UPDATE:
Apparently, my Homelike razor is a big hit with the truck drivers. Unless of course, the truck that left Cincinnati 5 days ago and hasn’t reported in (8 hours, 572 miles from my mailbox) is driving less than 9.5 MPH. I know it sounds like a stretch...but I’m thinkin’ that possibly the truck driver had a flat tire and he went ahead and put the weiner wheel on...and he’s relentlessly heading my way, at 9.5 MPH. What a dedicated govt employee, eh? I hope he gets a commendation for his perseverance.
Either way, it’s 23 days since arrival at JFK Airport In NY.
Never underestimate the tenacity of a long distance, slow driving, government truck driver!! (I'm still holding out hope that he's coming up my way!!)

Nope, not even a postal peep. I did happen to see an investigative piece on the Discovery Channel about an area between NY, Dallas and La Crosse, WI...known as The Baikal Triangle. It said that Voshkod blades, Stolichnya, and Svoboda shave cream are suddenly selling out in this area, and postal workers have been seen with bits of toilet paper stuck to their face. The plot thickens...
na zdrowie Comrades!

Nope, not even a postal peep. I did happen to see an investigative piece on the Discovery Channel about an area between NY, Dallas and La Crosse, WI...known as The Baikal Triangle. It said that Voshkod blades, Stolichnya, and Svoboda shave cream are suddenly selling out in this area, and postal workers have been seen with bits of toilet paper stuck to their face. The plot thickens...
na zdrowie Comrades!
Haha nice one, and I did catch something on ID about the forensics involved in testing blood from cut and weepers of a Russian made razor. They are currently wanting the speak to these individuals as well as test there DNA bit the razor is in hiding, apparently.

Homelike has a Russian language YouTube channel that is typically politics-free and focuses on the art of wet shaving.

In one of the videos, however, I heard him use an anti-American slur that could be roughly translated as “American f#ggots”, so I asked him about it pretending to be a Russian dude.

He went on a long tirade how “f**king” America “bullies other nations”, and how Russia is a great military superpower that won’t stand for it, an so on and so forth. Typical anti-American Kremlin propaganda meant to make Russians feel great about themselves as the small circle of billionaires robs the country blind while the vast majority of the country lives in abhorrent poverty.

Needless to say I won’t spend a penny at his store.
enough to throw away the soap and oil they sent w the razor....

That was a good video. I notice my second start razor as made it to New York. Maybe this razor will see a couple of the other ones on tour

My second start razor. I'm not sure it's headed to MO quickly, but might be sorting .

Tracking History
February 20, 2020
7:17 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility,
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Last edited:
My Baikal disappeared once more, 9 days ago.
Today, I’m going to my local post office to axe them what’s going on with my package. The incompetence and attitude of the USPS is astounding.

Top Bottom