What's new

HomeDepot Futur Stand

Most razor stands I see advertised have a little sidenote indicating "This stand will not accomodate a Merkur Futur".
So I was at HomeDepot the other day to pick up a replacement sprinkler head. At the sprinkler section I saw some tubing. This gave me an idea. Then with the tubing I went to the plumbing department. To make a long story short. I got back home with tubing and some doo hicky from the plumbing section and completely forgot about the sprinkler head.
Anyway, I put it all together and my Futur seems to be right at home in its new stand. It's kind of industrial looking...but they tell me that is the in thing now :biggrin:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great job! I like it.

You could probably find a copper tube similar to your black tube, if you wanted to class it up a bit.

How much did it cost you?

Excellent ingenuity. I like the idea but I would stay away from copper. i think there might be too much risk of marring the finish on the razor. Now Large enough copper tubing with some rubber or plastic tubing inside it would work.

pierre said:
That is slick! Any idea what the "doo hicky" was that you used for the base? Plumbing section is big...

It is simply a wall plate for pipes that exit the bathroom. The maker is "Watts" model #781003BA.

The sprinkler tube is 4 inches in length. It has threading on both sides. I used a hack saw and cut 1/4 inch off from one end. Then you push that end of the tube into the center opening of the wall plate. It fits quite snug and provides a secure hold for the Razor.

Very good looking and it does the job. Consider a row or these stands for six or more razors, mounted on a wall shelf. I think I may take a ride to my local Home Depot and see if I can pick up somthing. Again, good job.:smile: :smile: :smile: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

Stan-The-Man said:
Very good looking and it does the job. Consider a row or these stands for six or more razors, mounted on a wall shelf. I think I may take a ride to my local Home Depot and see if I can pick up somthing. Again, good job.:smile: :smile: :smile: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

It will accomodate most other razors...don't know about the Vision Though. I tried with other Merkurs and Gillettes...but it "Fits Like a Glove" with the Futur. The thinner razors will go completely down onto the tube up to the razor's head. It doesn't look as gallant that way. I will just use this for the Futur.

Love it! Love it! Love it! :w00t: :w00t:

I'm sure there must be other DIY (that's Do-It-Yourself) solutions to our everyday shaving needs. Sure... it's easy to purchase something from the store, all shiney and new -- but to create your own solution to a nagging need... priceless!!! :001_smile

I bet that, between all the B&Bers here, there is tons of ingenuity just waiting to be tapped. I think we should start another thread (sticky, of course) where we can showcase our creations. I've got a brush stand at home that I fashioned out of a coat hanger that I'd be willing to share. I haven't even patented the design, so it's yours to use if you like! :wink2:

I'll take some pics tonight, and get the ball rolling on this. I'm excited to see what everyone else has done.

Feels kinda like 'show & tell'!!

I really like that. I'll be visiting the plumbing section at Lowe's the next time I am home (no Home Depot in my town).

How hard would it be to take it apart for travel?

Home Depot and other hardware also have these nice little hooks. They are great razor holder. Multiple sizes are available, and some are plastic coated to protect your goods.

proxy.php

That's whats holding these razors on this shelf.

proxy.php

Home Depot and other hardware also have these nice little hooks. They are great razor holder. Multiple sizes are available, and some are plastic coated to protect your goods.

proxy.php

That's whats holding these razors on this shelf.

proxy.php

I'll be moving to a different apartment soon and those hooks are my plan for storing the razors as well!

I guess I'm off to the depot for a purchase this weekend (after getting the test cap for my OS mug). Great simple weekend project.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom