What's new

Homebrewers - Whats brewing?

Summer is upon us. What does everyone have brewing or planned?

Right now I have a Belgian Pale Ale kegged, that is ok. I also have a cider which I'm crash cooling so it doesn't dry all the way out.

In a few weeks, I'll be bottling the beer for the toast at my wedding in October. This beer is a monster Belgian Golden Strong clocking in at 12.5%ABV. It was fermented with the Wyeast PC Flanders Golden Ale yeast. I brewed it last October. It sat in the primary for a month and has been aging in kegs since then. I plan on adding a little bit more yeast to bottle condition, and carb to ~3.5-4 volumes in Belgian bottles with corks/cages. One half of the 10 gallon batch might get the dregs of an Orval, or a packet of Brett just for kicks.

Down the road, I'm planning a Stone Levitation clone. This has quickly become one of my favorite session beers.

In a few weeks, I'll be bottling the beer for the toast at my wedding in October. .

Congrats sir!

I've not been brewing lately since I've had a bout w/ acid reflux and was told to avoid any good stuff like beer, coffee, spicy food, etc but I seem to be doing better, off the medication for a few weeks now. Maybe it's time
to whip up a batch. It would at least make my family and friends happy :001_rolle

I do have unopended Lb. bags of Saaz, and Goldings...

Got a Bell's Oberon clone in bottles right now, just finally finishing conditioning (it's been four months!).

Put a dry Irish stout of my own design in Primary on Friday. Kegging it in three or four weeks to sit until the fall. Couldn't help myself and snuck a taste - it's AWESOME.

Just about finished the last batch of Steam beer and am going to remake it with a couple of adjustments to the process to see what comes out. Have to say it was delicious!

Ah, Bells Oberon and Cali Common, great summer beers!

I forgot to mention that I have the grains for a Berlinerweiss sitting in my apartment and am just waiting for the Wyeast Lacto strain to arrive!

Got a Belgian Wit that a bottled a couple of months ago that came out fantastic. Also got a belgian triple that is in its 3rd and final month in the secondary.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Belgian ale -> Triple fermentation

Pilsner with apple juice. I'm trying to recreate the Ephemere Apple by Unibroue...

I'm bottling this week-end, first taste, in a month!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I am jealous. I haven't made any beer since i moved out of my old place 2.5 years ago. My current house don't have a good area to brew in the yard. Good thing that I went crazy at the old house because I am still drinking that beer.

Move that business indoors to the stove and do an extract brew. At least you'll get back in the swing of things. Then you can get busy brewing in the driveway and impress all the neighborhood fellas.

Don't make much now but I did a while back. I always did all my full mash beers in the kitchen. Makes the house smell wonderful!

I won several firsts at a local show for my bottled IPAs, British style of course.

I am jealous. I haven't made any beer since i moved out of my old place 2.5 years ago. My current house don't have a good area to brew in the yard. Good thing that I went crazy at the old house because I am still drinking that beer.

What Dave said! I live in an apartment and brew 3 gallon All Grain stovetop batches. When I get some time and money, I'm going to build a 3 ish gallon all electric Brutus 20 like system.

I have a Centennial IPA and a Czech Pils on Tap. about 1/2 of the last batch of Imperial Stout in bottles.

Upcomming are a ESB (to be kegged), and a Partial Mash Weizen (to be bottled)

Just finished up a choc. cream stout about a hour ago. The apt. smells amazing and have a Irish Red that needs bottling in a few days.

It always seems interesting that, no matter what diverse interests any of us have, there are discussions about them right here on B&B. When I joined this forum, I stopped following many others!

I have always been fascinated by home brewing. It must be in the blood because I know some of my ancestors were into. My mother's dad sold supplies during the Prohibition, and she recalls that her parents made beer and root beer. They even grew their own hops.

So, I need another hobby like a hole in the head, but for someone who roasts their own coffee, brewing beer seems to be a good fit. I'm looking forward to researching the process and seeing how it goes!

We are in the process of selling our house to build a new one, so I have nothing in the carboy at the momemt. However, when we get settled in, I am going to have my own little man cave, so I can keep all of my stuff out on custom built shelves and don't have to put everything in tubs anymore.

Got a Hef that has just been bottled...

Also am venturing into homemade wines. Right now I have a strawberry and a blueberry cooking away. I made some blackberry last year that ended up so good I decided to start brewing wine and beer at the same time.

Works out goo too, cause the wife loves any hobby that produces good wine :lol:

Top Bottom