What's new

Home was...burglarized...

Came home early evening on Wednesday to find my back door kicked in and my home burglarized. My Playstaion 4...gone. (It didn't work, due to a worn out HDMI port). Playstation 3, gone. Laptop...password protected, gone.

Wristwatches...gone. That was about $800 in watches. My flagship watch was a Seiko Prospex solar Fieldmaster. Gone.

I have remaining to me a "Scuba Dude" Vostock diver watch. He didn't find that...

He used a travel duffle bag of mine to secure his loot. In it was my best nickel-plated Tech and a Slim...with most of a tuck of Shark blades.

But he left my razors in the bathroom undisturbed.

My only hope is that he uses that Tech or Slim and discovers the finer things in life. And that my wristwatches provide a higher degree of class and dignity than horrible gas station watch "bling".

Unlikely. I didn't have serial numbers.

No "gal" could've kicked that door in. The footprint next to the doorknob was a male shoe size. I spent the next day repairing and reinforcing that door. But too late.

At least I know how to fix a door and not have to hire a contractor. I AM a contractor.

I'm going to miss that Tech. I've got three gold Techs in various states of quality, but none of them are as good as that nickel Tech.

Came home early evening on Wednesday to find my back door kicked in and my home burglarized. My Playstaion 4...gone. (It didn't work, due to a worn out HDMI port). Playstation 3, gone. Laptop...password protected, gone.

Wristwatches...gone. That was about $800 in watches. My flagship watch was a Seiko Prospex solar Fieldmaster. Gone.

I have remaining to me a "Scuba Dude" Vostock diver watch. He didn't find that...

He used a travel duffle bag of mine to secure his loot. In it was my best nickel-plated Tech and a Slim...with most of a tuck of Shark blades.

My only hope is that he uses that Tech or Slim and discovers the finer things in life. And that my wristwatches provide a higher degree of class and dignity than horrible gas station watch "bling".

Oh no!
That happened to me in 1989.
It’s an awful experience.
I didn’t sleep for weeks and every bump in the night got me up.
If you want to talk feel free to pm me.
I’ll activate the prayer network.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I will never understand theft. It just does not compute for me that I ought to take something that another person has earned. I just can't imagine doing that.

I'm really sorry that happened to you, but at least it seems like you are handling it well. I hope insurance helps you out and that by some miracle they find the criminal who did that to you.

I will never understand theft. It just does not compute for me that I ought to take something that another person has earned. I just can't imagine doing that.

I'm really sorry that happened to you, but at least it seems like you are handling it well. I hope insurance helps you out and that by some miracle they find the criminal who did that to you.

It’s not merely the loss of stuff.
There is a deep and abiding sense of being violated.

No, it is pretty much a net loss. But in a strange way I consider him stealing my Playstation 3 as almost a favor. What great waste of time, of life, video games are! At the end of life, on your deathbed, you will not regret that you could've spent more time playing a video game. I will not be replacing that bit of technology. I will go back to reading books.

I will miss that Tech, though. But I did recently get that $5 Merkur 34C at a Burlington. That is still...pretty damn good.

Oh no!
That happened to me in 1989.
It’s an awful experience.
I didn’t sleep for weeks and every bump in the night got me up.
If you want to talk feel free to pm me.
I’ll activate the prayer network.

I appreciate your concern...but this is life in Columbus, Ohio. I pretty much hate it here, but it is not like I can displace to the Yukon and live off moose harvested at long-range with a .300 WSM while listening to NPR on the radio.

No...that is not reality. The reality is that I have been expecting this for a few months now, at least, but I didn't do anything. Complacency. That's what it was.

Thats horrible i had my home burgalized a few years back, luckily for me somebody told me who it was and it turns out it was people i called friends. They had to pay back everything they stole from help of police of course.

Thats horrible i had my home burgalized a few years back, luckily for me somebody told me who it was and it turns out it was people i called friends. They had to pay back everything they stole from help of police of course.

I spoke with a friend of mine who was burglarized early last year. She went whole hog. Security system. Interior bars on the windows, dog...I was the guy who installed most of this...

She talked me into a dog. I'm going to look at various dogs at shelters this weekend. Honestly, I miss having a dog around when I come home from work. Dogs act like that is the most important thing that ever happened.

No, it is pretty much a net loss. But in a strange way I consider him stealing my Playstation 3 as almost a favor. What great waste of time, of life, video games are! At the end of life, on your deathbed, you will not regret that you could've spent more time playing a video game. I will not be replacing that bit of technology. I will go back to reading books.

I will miss that Tech, though. But I did recently get that $5 Merkur 34C at a Burlington. That is still...pretty damn good.
I'm sorry that happened to you. But good for you being a glass half full type of guy. Whoever did that will probably do it again and probably again until they get caught. Then they'll just be in jail. I would say just install those metal pieces that make your door almost impossible to break through. I forget what they're called but it makes it really hard to kick in. I think they make them for windows as well.

I'm sorry that happened to you. But good for you being a glass half full type of guy. Whoever did that will probably do it again and probably again until they get caught. Then they'll just be in jail. I would say just install those metal pieces that make your door almost impossible to break through. I forget what they're called but it makes it really hard to kick in. I think they make them for windows as well.

Oh...I did. A stainless steel security "strike plate" for the doorknob lock and the dead bolt. Just try and kick that out!

I’m very sorry to hear of your privacy violated and property stolen. I hope your violator tears his face off with his first shave. Then he miss sets the time on your watch and is late for his parole meeting.

Top Bottom