What's new

Home Improvement Section

I think many members on this forum are homeowners and as such, there always seems to be a to do list of items around the home either to repair or perhaps to improve. A place to discuss those projects and ask for advice here at B&B would be well received, I think.

Where do you want to start?
My garden?
My plumbing?
My roof?
My garage?
My car(s)?
My door latches?
My gutters?
ps. and are you planning a trip to Florida soon?

But seriously, it sounds like a great department, and potentially a lot of help if our members would be so generous as to offer their expertise to others struggling with their projects.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We've always taken a kind reverse Field of Dreams approach, and believe that "if they talk about it, we will build it".
That has worked, whereas building an area and hoping folks post there hasn't worked well.
If there are a lot of posts on the subject in the barber shop, that would justify the work.

I just started my bathroom remodel! I have 5 adverts of gillette blades from 1937-42 i believe which kicked off the bathroom remodel, i thought when i took the medicine cabinet mirror out to give it a new spray, hmm i should build some shelves and display some of my razors

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I just started my bathroom remodel! I have 5 adverts of gillette blades from 1937-42 i believe which kicked off the bathroom remodel, i thought when i took the medicine cabinet mirror out to give it a new spray, hmm i should build some shelves and display some of my razors

How many shelves are you planning, and do you mind sharing periodic pics?

I agree that this would be a good section or forum to have. I modified a new part for a discontinued part to repair a Pella window two nights ago, and I am still proud about it! A hacksaw and a Dremel tool loaded with a drill bit did the trick there.

How many shelves are you planning, and do you mind sharing periodic pics?
Sure id love to share it with everybody! Right now the plan is 3 shelves plus the floor, still workin out exact placement and I'm gonna be buying some awesome 1/8” wood when i get paid, then the real fun starts. I plan on framing it out with some exotic type woods then building the shelves in a different type/color. What im most excited for is my hanger shelf for my FB and Slims. I just mocked one up this morning to get the spacing where i want it out of a piece of scrap i had lying around. I got my 5 FBs and 2 slims hangin now and its gonna be killer!!! Once i start ill be posting periodic pics, should i do it straight on this thread? I just need to figure out how to post!

Top Bottom