What's new

Home Gym Equipment Suppliers

Finally cleaned out the half of the garage that I intend to make into my gym. Currently have a decent amount of olympic weights, and requisite bar, curl bar, and olympic dumbbells . Am looking to get a new bench, Old one isn't bad but I like to get more of a squat rack and adjustable bench set-up. Also need a tree to put weights and who knows what else. Just wondering if anyone else bought exercise equipment online and who'd you buy from?

I've bought gear from Muscle Driver before and I was pretty happy with everything. Although I didn't buy any of the setups that you're talking about, I checked out their squat racks and thought that they looked pretty good.

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/

One of my friends did his whole home gym with stuff from York. They ship, but he just drove to the warehouse when he had a couple of days off and picked it up. It's been a while, but I think that he said that they have better deals if you buy at the York facility. If you're reasonably close to Eastern PA and have a truck, that might be a good road trip.

http://www.yorkbarbell.com/CommercialProducts.php

Yeah, Muscledriver is pretty good.

Can you get away with squat stands, of do you need a full rack? I found the only time I actually needed a full rack was for bench, but since switching to Oly lifting I find squat stands more than enough.

I like the squat rack so I can max out and not have to worry about injury. As for York barbell, looks like a good idea for a road trip. Can hit there , Hershey and Harley Davidson all in a day or two. Plus it's only about a 4.5 hr drive.

My memory might be failing me, but I think that York might have a military discount too. Worth asking about anyway. Have a fun trip!

Where are you located? I'm in north Texas and just bought from McKinney Gym equipment. I bought an Oly bar and plate set and a tree for the weights. The owner was very helpful.

http://mckinneygymequipment.com/

I picked up the Powertec P-PR power rack from Amazon. I love this thing. It comes with very cool tricep dip bars and chin/lat bar. Shipping tends to kill you on all of this stuff and the shipping was included in the price. Very happy with it.

I flip monster truck tires in my backyard, I don't know about you sissies. JK, Yeah I'd like to get some stuff for the house, but I don't have any room for it.

Tossing hay bales and lifting heavy stones is where it's at. :biggrin:

Don't forget the big triangular iron weights. Pushing cars through a field is fun,hard work, too.

Kettlebells are a nice addition to any home setup, and they are easy to find locally.

Don't forget the big triangular iron weights. Pushing cars through a field is fun,hard work, too.

Kettlebells are a nice addition to any home setup, and they are easy to find locally.

I've ordered kettlebells from performbetter.com, ten bucks for shipping. For something that weighs sixty pounds, that's not too shabby.

I've ordered kettlebells from performbetter.com, ten bucks for shipping. For something that weighs sixty pounds, that's not too shabby.

You can also pick up some good Dragon Door kettlebells on eBay. Shipping is high, but if you get a good discount it more than balances out. Also, my local big box sporting goods store "Dick's Sports" sells kettlebells in their stores now.

Another excellent supplier, although I will have to check out Dick's sporting goods if I ever run across one. I miss my 88 pounder. :001_tt1:

I didn't buy it online, but I had a terrible experience with a Gold's Gym elliptical machine from Wal-Mart. The machine was only a few hundred dollars which was all we could afford, but it was a major ***. It creaked and moaned all the time, and swayed about dangerously. The electronic display only worked sometimes, and the heart rate sensors never worked properly. And yes, I assembled everything correctly. Finally, a major structural weld partially failed two days after the 90 day warranty expired. I could have been injured or perhaps even killed smashing my head into the floor, but part of the weld held and the machine just kind of sank down an inch or two, smashing the pedals (and the failed weld) into my floor and staying upright.

To their credit, Wal-Mart gave us store credit for the full purchase price, something that they certainly weren't obligated to do considering the warranty had expired. Perhaps I got a lemon, but further online research seems to indicate it is not possible to build an elliptical machine safely and sturdily for less than $700-$1000.

I forget who said it, but it seems appropriate- if you pay too much, you risk wasting a little money. If you pay to little, you risk losing all your money.

To their credit, Wal-Mart gave us store credit for the full purchase price, something that they certainly weren't obligated to do considering the warranty had expired. Perhaps I got a lemon, but further online research seems to indicate it is not possible to build an elliptical machine safely and sturdily for less than $700-$1000.

I forget who said it, but it seems appropriate- if you pay too much, you risk wasting a little money. If you pay to little, you risk losing all your money.

Oh yeah, man. You don't want to skimp on something you are going to be entrusting your bodyweight to, especially in motion.

Top Bottom