What's new

Home Coffee roasters

I am in the market for a home coffee roaster, looking to purchase in September. I am wondering if there is a time during the year that they tend to go on sale. I am looking at the Behmor 1600 plus in particular.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

As with any retail, Christmas sales are your best bet.

How much each retailer takes off is up to them and any incentives the manufacturer is offering.

Home roasting coffee is a very small market. Less than 0.001% of the overall coffee market so you won't see 0% interest, $5,000 cash back at signing, kind of sales :)

If you would be interested in a refurbished Behmor, you can often find them on eBay. I got one early this year(eBay seller nobodylower) to use as a backup. Made an offer for $100 and it was accepted. I found the roaster to be in good condition and haven’t experienced any issues.

Used can be found on several of the coffee forums in their BST sections.

I've bought all of my roasters used. All had been in fires. All were inexpensive. One was free.

I had to rebuild all 3 but I ended up with relatively new coffe roasting machines and I know everything there is to know about them, how they are designed and built.

I believe that this intimate knowledge helps me understand them better.

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I can hold off until Christmas, as it's going to get cold up here in December and I roast on the grill. However, a refurbished unit might just work.

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I can hold off until Christmas, as it's going to get cold up here in December and I roast on the grill. However, a refurbished unit might just work.

Contact Behmor directly.

They may have refurbs on occasion.

I know Baratza sells refurbished grinders with the same warranty as new units.

Contact Behmor directly.

They may have refurbs on occasion.

I know Baratza sells refurbished grinders with the same warranty as new units.

Behmor is a great little roaster. Once you get the feel of it, you can make some great coffees. The manual functions are great.

I'll be using my Behmor exclusively up here in the great white north. It's been a while (close to a year) since I've used it last. Hope I get back up to speed quickly.

Down to under a pound of roasted beans so I will be roasting sometime this week. Got a new roof going on next week so need to make time soon.

Brought, Etheopian, Columbian, and Bali green with me. Just under 25# so I'm set for a while.

I have a used Behmor 1600 plus arriving this week, a gift from a coffee roasting forum member. I was shocked, especially when he just wanted shipping, then asked me to throw the shipping funds in the church offering plate. I will be anxious to try it out, especially after spending a couple hours roasting on the grill recently.

Sure you need a large roaster ?
coffee otten.JPG
coffee roaster.JPG
coffee timco roaster.JPG

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That is a wonderful thing that someone has done. Viva B&B!

I've greatly enjoyed our Behmor over the last few months. It took a small handful of batches to get the feel of the thing, and I still have a lot to learn about both the Behmor and roasting in general, but I like how things are going. When we feel good enough to dump into the hopper a half-pound of something I roasted and enjoy our way through it, that's a good sign. My roasts are not as good as what I can pick up from the professional that's only a mile away, but we hardly are suffering. Plus, this is fun!

Top Bottom