What's new

Home brewers Readers Digest

Hello, being a newbie here. I was wondering if we have any homebrewers in the forum. I like to spark a thread of new beer flavor profile. Types of styles and what you have currently fermenting or carbonating. Maybe even a beer share.
Fermenting
1. Brown ale made with nutmeg and Panela(salvadorean Crude Sugar)
2. Single hop Ipa with Nugget
3. Ipa with Panela Nugget and Citra

Future beer
Red ale with Jamaica(flower from central america)
Cream ale with Banana and anise

So what do you have in your den.

Right now I'm only brewing Kombucha and Kefir. I''ll be getting a batch or two of cider going when it cools a bit. I don't have my fermentation cabinet anymore, and I don't really like fermenting ciders in ambient temps above 75.

I stopped brewing for a bit while moving, etc and it ended up lasting about 16 months! I finally brewed again on the 30th of last month. I bought a More Beer sculpture before the dry spell, so it was also the first time I brewed on the rig. Made 15 gallons of a simple American pale ale with Citra, Cascade and Magnum hops. Took my gravity reading and sampled a bit last night, and it's fantastic so far! Up next is an IPA, followed by an amber rye ale that I make that is insanely good!

Wow. Kombucha,the probiotic properties are good in the stomach...but the smell lol.what is kefir

Kefir is pretty much a more liquid yogurt. You inoculate milk with a culture, let it sit out for about 24 hours and end up with a nice tangy drinkable yogurt. Most people add fruit and other flavoring

I used to brew a fair amount of beer but moved to a unit and that stopped. I'm back in a house now and in a few months when settled fully will get the ferment on again. Will be happy to share stories and techniques in here with anyone that wants to chat.

Fermenting: I've got a Belgian Strong Dark Ale fermenting on the dregs of a sour stout

Aging: a version of Russian River's consecration, and an Oud Bruin that I racked onto dried plums (OK prunes).

Bottled: a sour stout aged on cherries; a DIPA based on Russian River's Pliny the Elder; a saison (half bottled with Brett); a bourbon barrel porter; an IPA with local Cascade hops; a Russian imperial stout; and some graff.

To Brew--inspired by AleSmith, I'm going to brew a red ale and bottle half for Halloween, and age the other half on oak and dry hop the heck out of it for Valentine's day.

Got 20 gallons of blackberry about ready to bottle. The muscadines fixing to be ready in a month or so.

I have 2 custom recipes (cool and warm weather) beer I make. I let my buddies try the experiments and since they use my shed I try theirs. For 5 or 6 years I haven't found any of the new fads that I like better than my recipe. Four cornies of mine I try to keep one full at all times.

I just read the text and neo71665.being that you have the 20 gallons, what's the yeast starter on that I am assuming its a pound of dme..also what's the recipe you are talking about and your style you mostly brew...to finish what are your warm beer rotation styles and cold beer styles.beside a lager when cold and esb in the cold

My blackberry wine is a scaled up version I swiped off Jack Keller's website. I use wild berries. The yeast is nothing special. I don't have a local brew shop so I use red star Montrachet. Seems to work good on everything from blackberry to mead.

My summer brew is a malty ale that I hop with Citra and Simoe. My winter brew is a standard stout that I flavor with whiskey barrel chips. Nothing high maintenance or hard since I'm lazy. I'd rather enjoy drinking beer over sitting around worrying about all the little details.

My summer brew is a malty ale that I hop with Citra and Simoe. My winter brew is a standard stout that I flavor with whiskey barrel chips. Nothing high maintenance or hard since I'm lazy. I'd rather enjoy drinking beer over sitting around worrying about all the little details.

I think that there's a lot to be said for your model. When I started brewing again, I was pretty excited by the possibilities of what you could do compared to what it was like back in the 90s. Since then, I have definitely dialed back on my production. One gallon (or thereabouts) batches for experimentation, a few long term projects like sours or RIS for the holidays. Homebrewed IPAs are popular with my family and friends, so I'll keep that going too. There are just too many good craft breweries around where I live to keep brewing full bore and still enjoy them. Unless I'm willing to really step up my drinking, which doesn't seem like a good idea!

Top Bottom