What's new

Holy Slant Batman!

Well for the last year, since I stumbled upon B&B, I have listened as member after member has raved about the shave that Merkur's slant razors give. However, I have a solid rotation going and didn't feel the need to add anything new...till my brother asked me what I wanted for my birthday.

"Merkur Slant" was all the email said, and it had a link to WCS for him to make the purchase. So on my 28th birthday just a week ago I got to open up a little package that I knew contained a razor I had been wanting to try for the better part of my wet shaving career.

Earlier this week I got the chance.

I have to be honest, at first I didn't notice any major difference from my shaves with any of my Gillettes. Halfway through disappointment was setting in as the tactile sensation of hairs being cut didn't feel all that different than any shave I've had recently...till I did the ATG pass on my neck. Such a smooth stroke I haven't felt in a long time; mostly because there wasn't much hair to cut after the WTG and XTG passes.

A better shave I have not felt in a while. Not a nick or a weeper or any irritation, just a silky smooth face. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present or a better shave. I'll never give up my Gillettes, but I have a new razor in the harem, and she has fast become my favorite.

In the immortal words of Peter Gabriel....

I want to be your sledgehammer
Why don't you call my name
Oh let me be your sledgehammer
This will be my testimony

Slant Slant Sledgehammer

Slants rock.

Top Bottom