What's new

HOLY SCHICK!

Hi all,

Ugggh. I swore, I swore I was NOT going to purchase a "third type" of Razor requiring other than Gillette Double Edge blades or GEM type Single Edge blades. That was then, this is now.
A month or so ago, I visited an "Antique Shop" and examined a (never known to me) Razor that I just loved due to it's beautiful build quality/feel. So yesterday I returned to this same Shop thinking the Razor had been sold. I searched around a bit and heck, it was still available.
The price however was (imho) very highly priced at one hundred dollars! Long story short,
I offered the owner of Razor fifty dollars which is THE most I have thus far spent on any one of the thirty four Razors I have purchased in the last six weeks. Yes, I badly suffer from RAD.
At any rate, I just had to purchase this vintage Schick "Repeating" Razor as it is just too cool!
This Razor appear to be in very nice condition and I am now in the process of doing a light cleaning/detail. While there were about a dozen or so blades in the blade holder/cartridge, I will have to replace with new blades (just on general principle). I don't know too much about this type of Razor and if it is suppose to be a decent Shaver but, I guess I was just willing to take a chance. Might any other B&B member use this Razor and, if so,
I'd love to hear your impressions. Thanks.

SixCats!

proxy.php

(borrowed photograph) SCHICK TYPE B Repeating Razor (circa 1926)

Hi all,

Ugggh. I swore, I swore I was NOT going to purchase a "third type" of Razor requiring other than Gillette Double Edge blades or GEM type Single Edge blades. That was then, this is now.
A month or so ago, I visited an "Antique Shop" and examined a (never known to me) Razor that I just loved due to it's beautiful build quality/feel. So yesterday I returned to this same Shop thinking the Razor had been sold. I searched around a bit and heck, it was still available.
The price however was (imho) very highly priced at one hundred dollars! Long story short,
I offered the owner of Razor fifty dollars which is THE most I have thus far spent on any one of the thirty four Razors I have purchased in the last six weeks. Yes, I badly suffer from RAD.
At any rate, I just had to purchase this vintage Schick "Repeating" Razor as it is just too cool!
This Razor appear to be in very nice condition and I am now in the process of doing a light cleaning/detail. While there were about a dozen or so blades in the blade holder/cartridge, I will have to replace with new blades (just on general principle). I don't know too much about this type of Razor and if it is suppose to be a decent Shaver but, I guess I was just willing to take a chance. Might any other B&B member use this Razor and, if so,
I'd love to hear your impressions. Thanks.

SixCats!

proxy.php

(borrowed photograph) SCHICK TYPE B Repeating Razor (circa 1926)
Congratulations!

They provide very nice shaves and are fun to use. If the magazine/cartridge that goes inside the handle is still there, you could easily reload it with new blades. Otherwise you would need to load the blades manually into the head.

$50 is a nice chunk of change, but it looks like you got it at a fair enough price.

@Earcutter, Thanks EC. Ugggh, I'm not sure if I overpaid for this beauty or not but, I've been beating the bushes in about a one hundred mile radius looking for Razors and this is the FIRST of this type I've seen. It is in VERY good condition so, I took a chance.

SixCats!

@Earcutter, Thanks EC. Ugggh, I'm not sure if I overpaid for this beauty or not but, I've been beating the bushes in about a one hundred mile radius looking for Razors and this is the FIRST of this type I've seen. It is in VERY good condition so, I took a chance.

SixCats!
I understand! I’ve been “antiquing” with my daughter for weeks on end and found next to nothing (for me - she buys everything). When you put in that kind of a chase, it hard not to go deep when you finally catch up to what you’re looking for!

Heck, I’ve even given the local stores my # and asked em to call if they find anything - nothing. I have yet to find Jack on any of my adventures. Meanwhile I see on the forums guys talking up all their finds! Arg!

So of course I’m in Mays GRUME - May 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME) which of course means it’ll be this month when I get the call that they found me an old hone or de or something that I discover is really made out of gold and “have” to buy it lol!

Listen, you got till the end of the night to join. Order up some blades and then participate in Mays GRUME lol!!

@Twelvefret , @ Jim99,

Thanks Guys. Twelve, thanks for that link! Jim, thank you. Yea, fifty dollars IS a lot of money however, I just couldn't pass on this one. I have nothing like it in my collection. The build quality is amazing! Heck, when I first saw/handled the (unknown to me) item in the Shop, I was shocked to discover this was a Razor! I first thought it some type of measuring type tool or such. The fit and feel/tolerances of this thing is unreal.

SixCats!

@Earcutter, LOL, EC, surely you jest ? What this word mean "Restraint" ?
EC, sorry you haven't been able to find any Treasures of late. I've been going NUTZ!
I've now found/purchased thirty four Razors in less than (if memory serves) six weeks.
Keep hunting EC !

SixCats!

@Twelvefret , @ Jim99,

Thanks Guys. Twelve, thanks for that link! Jim, thank you. Yea, fifty dollars IS a lot of money however, I just couldn't pass on this one. I have nothing like it in my collection. The build quality is amazing! Heck, when I first saw/handled the (unknown to me) item in the Shop, I was shocked to discover this was a Razor! I first thought it some type of measuring type tool or such. The fit and feel/tolerances of this thing is unreal.

SixCats!
You did okay on the price, so don’t even worry about that. I have a C model that I paid $45 for last year and I thought I did well.

Isn’t the build quality amazing? The engineering and quality in that razor puts the rest to shame and it’s almost 100 years old!

Schick is a whole other rabbit hole and, if you’re like me, then you’re at the path of no return.

Long live the injector!

@Jim99, I just can't get over the build quality!
I mean, it truly has the feel of a high end Precision Instrument. Crazy, over 90 years old! Wow!

Jim99, said : "and, if you’re like me, then you’re at the path of no return."

SixCats! be like :

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Great find. Congratulations and enjoy the razor. You have a nice piece of history there.

Farther and farther down the rabbit hole you fall. Awesome score! I love my C-1 repeater, and for the price you paid I would have bought it too. Now you have an excuse to buy some injectors, the bakelite handled Es are amazing too.

@ajkel64 , @troy, Thanks Guys. aj, it's hard to believe this beautifully machined Razor is over 90 years old and it is indeed such a unique piece of History. troy, yep, farther and farther I fall. Glad to hear you own a C-1 Repeater. As I mentioned, the price of this purchase was the most I have thus far spent on any one Razor however, with after all the searching I've been doing looking to find Razors, this is the first "Repeater" I've seen. My "Guts" told me, it would be difficult (at best) finding another "Repeater", that is to say, one that I could personally "handle/examine" (as opposed to an Ebay purchase). The bulk of the Razors I've collected have cost less than twenty dollars each, many only three to twelve dollars. Trust me, I am NOT going to fall down the "Rabbit Hole" of purchasing a lot of expensive Razors!
Well, perhaps one, my "Holy Grail" Razor (whenever I figure out which will be my "Holy Grail" Razor).

SixCats!

I don't know too much about this type of Razor and if it is suppose to be a decent Shaver but, I guess I was just willing to take a chance. Might any other B&B member use this Razor and, if so, I'd love to hear your impressions.
I call it The Invisible Blade Razor because it feels like there's no blade in there. It's right up there with my favorite injectors. I actually have two, a shiny one like yours, but I prefer my razors with patina, so when I reach for a repeater, it's always this road warrior - a survivor.
proxy.php

Top Bottom