What's new

Holy grail razor

You know it wasn't the first TT0 right ? First Gillette TTO. And beautiful razor.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I just quoted Gillette’s marketing blurb....
The Gem Micromatic was earlier 1932? but it’s not a DE. What else?
Would the Segal qualify? I always thought of them as two piece razors.

I just quoted Gillette’s marketing blurb....
The Gem Micromatic was earlier 1932? but it’s not a DE. What else?
Would the Segal qualify? I always thought of them as two piece razors.
Micromatic was 1930, Segal was 1931. The latter is definitely a one piece TTO (thus "Unimatic"), else Segal and Gillette would not have been in the long legal battle they were in. With Segal ultimately prevailing.
proxy.php

For now, it is Timeless SS .95 OC. It is the best combination of comfort and efficiency I have, and I rarely reach for anything else these days. With a light touch it works fine as a daily shaver. My Karve SS with OC-C or OC-D is a close second, and the 6S is third.

My Gillette Toggle is my holy grail and has also been my RAD killer/cure for the last couple of years.
Until I actually used one, I always thought, aside from its rarity, that the novelty of its design was the driving force of the desire of most to want one. Now I know without a doubt that they are one the best razors one could have every have the luxury of shaving with!
20181030_100258.jpg
20181103_091350.jpg

Mine are pictured below. On the left is a Iwasaki Tamahagane Western straight razor. It's one of the last ever made by Shigeyoshi Iwasaki. I procured it from the president of Shapton USA, who knows Mr. Iwasaki personally. On the right is my RR Teck II, which is my favorite razor (head) of all time. The former costs more than my first motorcycle, and the latter costs less than filling up it's 3 gallon gas tank ($6.99). If I had to choose only one razor to keep for a collection, I'd go with the Iwasaki, but if you told me that I had to pick on razor to shave with for the rest of my life I'd go for the RR Teck II. Both are grail razors for me.

proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My ShavingADD keeps me jumping around. The following would certainly be in the running, with the Vector at the head of the class:

Blackland Razors Vector OC & SB
Blackland Razors Blackbird Ti & Brass
Charcoal Goods Brass Level 2 Gen 2
Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England)
Timeless Ti Slim SB
Wolfman WR2 1.25-SB

Shake Sharp Mk1.0

This is one I missed and will amend my list to include the Shake Sharp Mk1.0. Also need to add the Personna "BBS-0":

Blackland Razors Vector OC & SB
Blackland Razors Blackbird Ti & Brass
Charcoal Goods Brass Level 2 Gen 2
Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England)
Personna "BBS-0"
Shake Sharp Mk1.0
Timeless Ti Slim SB
Wolfman WR2 1.25-SB

Above The Tie Stainless

I have the full setup with M1, M2, R1, R2, H1, H2 and the Slants S1, S2.

A pair of Handles in the Atlas and Kronos variants and I'm set for life.

Absolutely the best razor I've ever tried. Not cheap for sure but when it's this good it's an investment for life. I've barely touched anything else since. My Feather AS-D2, Rex Envoy and Tatara Masamune just stay in their boxes unloved.
Just got the M1. My other razors are about to depart.😉

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Charcoal Goods Level 2. I like the shave experience of the Wolfman WR2 much better. It’s smoother for sure. But the overall closeness and BBS potential of the Level 2 edges it out for me. At least right at this moment. I flip back and forth on this too much. When it came time to depart for that desert island, the decision would be very difficult. But right now this would be it. The brass Gen 1 actually shaves a little bit closer than the Gen 2’s. Between the Wolfs and the CG’s, I don’t think I will find a better razor for me.

4877E5BE-48CB-4150-A9A4-6208965DBFC4.jpeg

Top Bottom