What's new

Holy grail razor

20210627_120217.jpg

Grail razor: Mühle R41 GS (right)
Emerging competitor: Blackland Blackbird SS (left)

I'm simple. After a couple generic razors from Amazon and Maggard's I got a Wolfman. Holy Grail? I don't know because I don't have enough experience with other "good" razors, but I love my Wolfman that I got back in 2015. I see the prices now and there's no way I would ever pay that now.

I got a WRH1 handle, WR1-DC head, and the stand, all in brushed finish, AND he engraved the year on the bottom plate of head for $176.76! It's been going strong since then. I wanted the year so that it would be easy to estimate a value on Antiques Roadshow in 2115.

Do I have something special or not?
Hey, that’s not fair! I spent 2 months and $2k to find my Grail!😂

Is the 1.15 as comfortable as the .95?
I would think the WR2 1.15 would be closer to the Timeless SS .68, the 1.25 has blade feel and would be closer to the .95 but more efficient. I got the 1.35 because I wanted something that I was sure was a lot more efficient than the .95. I figured if the 1.35 was to much for me as a daily shaver I could always trade it for a 1.25 on this site. I am very happy with my 1.35.

Since my main concern is comfort (my current razor is the Timeless Ti SB .68), I’m thinking the Wolfman .95 would be the best fit for me. Thanks!
Maybe, do not know many people that have the .95, about the lowest I have seen any one go is the 1.05, the 1.15 has zero blade exposure just like the .68

The very best in order of what is best (most efficient and yet very comfortable) in my small rotation currently are
1. Wolfman wr2 1.05 with wrh7
2. H & S P076 Titanium
3. Rocnel sailor 2020 adjustable
4. Paradigm diamondback

And so the top razor is still the wolfman.

Since my main concern is comfort, I put in an order for the Wolfman .95. Hopefully it will arrive by Christmas 2022!🎄
Thanks for your help!
If all you did was put your name on the list, when you get the email to actually order your Wolfman, probably 6 months from now, then you enter what you really want. So you have plenty of time to really finalize your decision.

If all you did was put your name on the list, when you get the email to actually order your Wolfman, probably 6 months from now, then you enter what you really want. So you have plenty of time to really finalize your decision.
No, I entered the details, but I will research some more. I’m sure I can change it. Thanks

No, I entered the details, but I will research some more. I’m sure I can change it. Thanks
Yes , but if was the first time you told them what you wanted, you will wait at least 6 months before you will get an email to finalize your order, if this was you second submission then you will get a PayPal bill to pay in about 2 days max

@Kennyg2019 , if you are using a Timeless SB .95 when you finalize your order if you want blade exposure like you have on the .95 you will need to get a 1.15 to 1.25
I have the Timeless .68 (not .95).
I will probably stick with the Wolfman .95 preorder (or whatever it’s called). I’m a daily shaver with sensitive skin, so I would rather err on the side of caution. I’m sure it’s going to be more efficient than the Timeless. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom