What's new

Holy grail razor

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
View attachment 1292278
I live in NY.
Is this the one? If not, could you post the link? Thanks.
I didn’t realize (or forgot) Wolfman was made in Canada 🇨🇦 so maybe the price is CAD…so this “brushed polished” one would probably be around $500 USD (I think).
I dont think they are doing titanium right now. Basic polish stainless is 400 can, which is approx $325 to $330 usd.

The Tradere is a fantastic razor. The Pils is very similar, although when I had the original Tradere I think I liked it a little bit more.

I love razors with those full heads that enclose an almost completely flat blade. There aren't many of them left out there. iKon made the Modern (very limited numbers), the SK9, the H2O (very mild), and then the S3S in stainless steel (all of these three were dual comb razors). Thereafter they made the original SBS in solid brass, with a flippable baseplate and a dual comb. More recently they made an aluminum "SBS," but the head was substantially redesigned and I much prefer the original. Sadly, none of the iKon razors is still in production.

The Tradere was also out of production and "long lost" until Shane at Blackland resurrected it.

I think there are people who enjoy this type of razor and others who really don't like them. As I said, I happen to love them. I owned the version 2 Tradere safety bar version, the iKon modern, the iKon S3S, the Pils, the iKon brass SBS, and the iKon aluminum SBS. I borrowed the H2O to try out and loved it, too, but didn't have the funds to get one at the time. Currently I have the Pils, the iKon S3S, and the original brass SBS still in the stable. People made me offers on the others that I could not refuse. The ones I miss the most are the iKon Modern and the original Tradere.

The Pils is not cheap, but it is still in production. That and the Blackland Tradere are the only ones still being made.

Yup. Glad to help. Just sold my Timeless 95 because it had become absolutely obsolete with three Wolfmans in the den. Keeping the 68 for now. The only thing that has measured up to a Wolf in my experience has been Charcoal Goods. But the CG is no where near as smooth as a Wolf.
I got my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.35 about 2 weeks ago, sold my Timeless Ti Sb .95 after the first week. Found the WR2 to be smoother and more efficient, but still able to use it as my daily shaver.

I didn’t know you could mix-and-match 🤔
What materials are yours?
I love the Crown handle. It’s my favorite part of my Timeless!
The Wolfman only comes in Stainless Steel, the Timeless Crown 👑 Handle only comes in Titanium
51F84A90-344A-4392-8E73-6FEBFB962CBF.jpeg
63FD1DA1-E4E3-47B4-AAF2-0F2E7FAFC5DD.jpeg

The Wolfman only comes in Stainless Steel...
Their website (Metals - https://wolfmanrazors.com/pages/metals) seems to indicate otherwise:

C360 Brass - Brushed or Polished
Razor Head $140
Handle $80
Stand $40

6061 Aluminum - Brushed or Polished
Razor Head $140
Handle $80
Stand $40

C954 Bronze - Brushed or Polished
Razor Head $200
Handle $150
Stand $50

C954 Bronze - Antique / Dark
Razor Head $225
Handle $175
Stand $75

C110 Copper - Brushed or Polished
Razor Head $300
Handle $200
Stand $100

Grade 5 (6Al-4v) Titanium - Brushed
Razor Head $300
Handle $200
Stand $100

Grade 5 (6Al-4v) Titanium - Polished
Razor Head $350
Handle $250
Stand $150

Grade 5 (6Al-4v) Titanium - Anodized
Razor Head $375
Handle $275
Stand $175

I would like to try a Wolfman Ti head with my Timeless Ti handle (if possible) someday.

It is listed on their site but apparently they have not made a Titanium razor in years, they have only produced Stainless Steel, most of the weight in a stainless Steel razor is in the handle.

It is listed on their site but apparently they have not made a Titanium razor in years, they have only produced Stainless Steel, most of the weight in a stainless Steel razor is in the handle.
Wow! What’s the deal…it seems like the best razor artisans have the worst websites 😂 Thanks for the info!
Does the Wolfman SS head make the razor at all top-heavy with the Timeless👑 handle?
Anyway, are they sold out? I can't find anything on their website.

Last edited:
Wow! What’s the deal…it seems like the best razor artisans have the worst websites 😂 Thanks for the info!
Does the Wolfman SS head make the razor at all top-heavy with the Timeless👑 handle?
Anyway, are they sold out? I can't find anything on their website.
They are always sold out, that is why you go on the wait list, my wait was relatively short at
6 1/2 months, people will sell them occasionally on the BST

I got my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.35 about 2 weeks ago, sold my Timeless Ti Sb .95 after the first week. Found the WR2 to be smoother and more efficient, but still able to use it as my daily shaver.
Which Wolfman head combo is as comfortable (or more comfortable) than the Timeless Ti SB .68? (I'm assuming, from what I read, that every Wolfman is more efficient). Thanks again!

Last edited:
I'm simple. After a couple generic razors from Amazon and Maggard's I got a Wolfman. Holy Grail? I don't know because I don't have enough experience with other "good" razors, but I love my Wolfman that I got back in 2015. I see the prices now and there's no way I would ever pay that now.

I got a WRH1 handle, WR1-DC head, and the stand, all in brushed finish, AND he engraved the year on the bottom plate of head for $176.76! It's been going strong since then. I wanted the year so that it would be easy to estimate a value on Antiques Roadshow in 2115.

Do I have something special or not?

Top Bottom