What's new

Holy grail razor

What's your holy grail? If you had yo pick ONE to live with, what is it and why?
Just to raise the tone a little... my (current) all time favorite is my Yuma YM-403:

SOTD-Y-K_2021-05-03.jpg

I believe it costs around 1 USD in its home country (Turkey). It's currently leaving my Fine "World's Finest Safety Razor," Timeless Slim OC, and Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 (among others) sadly neglected.

It was one of those rare love-at-first-shave jobs. And the love continues. :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If the request was for a top ten Cold Dead Hands list the BFH would be on it. But the stacked blade Shake Sharp is at least as efficient and much smoother.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm.....I didn't find the BFH to be particularly harsh. :)

The Shake Sharp v1 is definitely an awesome razor. Efficient, effective and smooth. :thumbup:

Both are top flight vintage razors. If pressed, however, I'd probably give the nod to the Shake Sharp v1. :cool:

Hmmmmm.....I didn't find the BFH to be particularly harsh. :)

The Shake Sharp v1 is definitely an awesome razor. Efficient, effective and smooth. [emoji106]

Both are top flight vintage razors. If pressed, however, I'd probably give the nod to the Shake Sharp v1. :cool:
If I though the BFH was harsh it would not make a Cold Dead Hands list would it? No, it's great, just not as smooth as the 2-blade Sharpster. It's also a wee bit heavy for a head shaver where the Shake Sharp I find perfectly suited.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If I though the BFH was harsh it would not make a Cold Dead Hands list would it? No, it's great, just not as smooth as the 2-blade Sharpster. It's also a wee bit heavy for a head shaver where the Shake Sharp I find perfectly suited.

That makes sense. Having been blessed with a full head of thick, wavy Southern Italian hair, I'm not a head shaver. ;)

Weber Polished Head on a Bulldog Handle. It's like a Gillette Tech on steroids. Plenty of blade feel, yet relatively mild and very smooth.

I have one also with both the long handle and the bulldog handle. It's a shame they're no longer available.

The top cap of the razor pushes up against the nostrils and i use a scooping downward motion to rid the area of hairs. Because of the curvature of that area I call it a scoop.

Ha! No, I'm not a scooper. I tried once with a large gapped WR1 and sliced my lip pretty good. No sir, I'll rotate the razor and go sideways. Seems like a less risky move to me.

Thanks for the explanation.

Mulcuto Slant from the 30s. After shaving with a user grade one bought two NOS Mulcutos. Some magic in it.

Does anyone know how the Ikon 102 compares to the original Mulcuto? I know it's a clone but how close to the original geometry?

Top Bottom