What's new

Holy Cat Fish! Cat o nine tails!

I bought a sample from Maggard’s just to see what all the fuss is about. Wow. I felt like the kid from Home Alone. It certainly wakes you up!! Well, after my initial shock, it calmed down and made my face feel really nice. The scent seems very similar to my bottle of Barbary Coast Bay Rum. Lots of clove. However, “Cat” lasted a long time- much more than BCBR. I definitely liked it enough to buy a bottle. That sting seems pretty unique. What is that? Is it a super high level of menthol? I really like Barbary Coast. It’s more subtle, but that ZING from Cat-o’-nine-tails seems addicting.

I love the stuff, but never got the burn people rave about. I think there are several ingredients which could give off some heat, but I don't recall a menthol feel. Is menthol an ingredient?

To someone who's used Clubman VIBR, this is like one of those chihuahuas that thinks its a Great Dane.
I've never tried the VIBR. I tried the Pinaud Clubman and didn't care for it at all. I probably wouldn't have thought to try any other scents...until your gauntlet throwing comment. :) I'll let you know if I get some.

I love Co9T. I feel a burn, however, not a freeze like I get from menthol. I think it’s loaded with anti-menthol.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I joke, but does anyone on here remember that great generation of our fathers and all their buddies that smelled of diesel fuel and gasoline and gear lube that we wanted to grow up to be "just like?" John Wayne, Robt. Mitchum, etc types?

To someone who's used Clubman VIBR, this is like one of those chihuahuas that thinks its a Great Dane.

Hey there! Just wanted you to know I gave Pinaud Clubman another shot. Waaaay better than I thought it’d be. I had only smelled it on my hands previously. Who knows maybe VIBR is in my future.

Hey there! Just wanted you to know I gave Pinaud Clubman another shot. Waaaay better than I thought it’d be. I had only smelled it on my hands previously. Who knows maybe VIBR is in my future.
The whole pinaud line is worth a try in my experience.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Co9T after a bad shave with weepers is a scintillating experience.

After that I dumped my sample into a bottle of Bootleggers BR, making a variant.

AA

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[...] It certainly wakes you up!! Well, after my initial shock, It’s more subtle, but that ZING from Cat-o’-nine-tails seems addicting. [:laugh:]
BJJ:

proxy.php

Happiness is like [aftershave and/or cologne]: You can't give it away without getting a little on yourself". Tonsumology (the study of shaving)

Last edited:
Top Bottom